Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Find Jobs in Canada

Find Jobs in Canada

Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:14 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice
Default Re: Find Jobs in Canada

Originally Posted by budda
Hey guys,

Fingers crossed to all who are waiting to hear. I have been here for almost 2 weeks now and life is great. Although still in holiday mode!

I just wanted to say that I am working as a recruiter out here and may be of some assistence to job seekers when you get here. I am working on positions in downtown and the Greater Toronto area. Our main area is recruiting recruiters. We also recuit within the HR, IT and Supply Chain fields. Anyone who has worked in that areas feel free to give me a message and we can chat. Hopefully I can help some of you. I know it made such a difference to me having someone to help. I flew out for interviews and had a job before I landed.

Again good luck to those who are waiting!

Thanks

John

P.S I have some contacts in Calgary and Vancouver as well (particularly for recruiter positions), but not my core market.

Hi John

I am interested in getting into office facilities management iin preferably the barrie area although GTA would be fine as i am moving to wasaga beach if you know of any positions or have any contacts i would really appreciate a chat

regards

Steve
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

tioaboa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Fingers crossed to all who are waiting to hear. I have been here for almost 2 weeks now and life is great. Although still in holiday mode!

I just wanted to say that I am working as a recruiter out here and may be of some assistence to job seekers when you get here. I am working on positions in downtown and the Greater Toronto area. Our main area is recruiting recruiters. We also recuit within the HR, IT and Supply Chain fields. Anyone who has worked in that areas feel free to give me a message and we can chat. Hopefully I can help some of you. I know it made such a difference to me having someone to help. I flew out for interviews and had a job before I landed.

Thanks

John

P.S I have some contacts in Calgary and Vancouver as well (particularly for recruiter positions), but not my core market.
Thanks for the Offer,

PM Sent

Cheers

Ian
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Hi Budda

Not there yet but waiting patiently...

Have received request for medical but reckon I will be waiting for some time yet.

I have been working as a HR Manager for 6 years with 12 years experience in total, all suited and booted in terms of qualifications etc but wondered what is the HR job market like? particularly for us English folk?

Where should I look?

Should I begin to "put myself about" before I get there?

Are the salary scales comparable?

Any information or suggestions you can throw my way would be much appreciated as I begin to put some muscle around my dream skeleton I have hundreds of other questions but it seems I have plenty of time on my side but I am keen to do anything I can in advance.

Hope you settle in well and your expectations met!

Kelly
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Riadh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Thanks

John

thnks for the Offer,

I just sent you PM
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Markt553 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Budda,

I am actually looking into moving to Canada, hopefully Toronto and ideally in supply chain. So any advice you have would be great. I will hopefully send you my CV once I've posted at least 3 times and would be grateful to chat about the opportunities. I would ideally like to have the option to get sponsored and stay, but then I'm sure most of us on here would....

Look forward to hearing from you.
Mark.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Hi John,
are you guys recruiting for support roles? When I was out on my year permits twice I kept getting knocked back when they found out I wasn't a PR, should hopefully be PR and landed by Christmas and getting a ehad start on the job hunt would be great if you can help

cheers
Will
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future

Thanks for all the responses. For those looking in Calgary and Vancouver, as i mentioned its not my core market. I will definately try to put you profiles in the right places, but cant promise. For those in Toronto its much easier for me. Again, if your in IT,HR, Recruitment or Supply Chain make sure you run you details past me!

Thanks again

John
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future

Mark,

Did you get my e-mail?

Thanks

John
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:36 am
Just Joined

steelworker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Budda

I move out to Whitby soon (dependant on when my visa arrives) to work for a steel producer.

I am taking my parter on my visa and she is planning to look for work when we arrive.

She has previously worked for 2 recruitment companies (healthcare recruitment and industrial) and more recently has been working as a HR administrator. She would like to remain in HR when we get to Canada.

Do you cover the Durham region at all?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Steelworker,

Yes I do cover that region as part of my remit. If she can send a CV and approx dates of arrival then that would be great. We would have opportunites in HR and Recruiting. I would be really keen to chat about the later. Recruiting as a job is very different out here compared to the UK. It is mega relaxed and not target driven the way it is back home. Thats why I love it. Also, it would be a good money spinner for her.

PM me for my e-mail address.

All the best

John
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

steelworker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks budda

Will get a CV over to you
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Steelworker,

I got all of Vicky's details. I sent her an e-mail and will arrange an interview when she gets here.

Cheers

John
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks once more for all responses. I have recieved e-mail and will get back to everyone. Hopfully we can get some people jobs
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Hi Budda

Aside from you being a fab contact for all of us, are you enjoying life in Canade?

Kelly
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly,

Well not to big things up too much, but I am having the time of my life. I was promoted after 3 weeks. My comapny and job are amazing. Work life balance is great, people are great, laid back and Canadians have a great approach to work life balance (well thats been my experience so far).

The City is amazing. the people are great. I wake up every morning and I am buzzing.

I have been here for 6 weeks, so I am not getting carried away. But for now i have increased my happiness by million percent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.