Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Finally Moving to Windsor ON!!! Any advice please?

Finally Moving to Windsor ON!!! Any advice please?

Old Jul 16th 2018, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133
Default Re: Finally Moving to Windsor ON!!! Any advice please?

Originally Posted by daveincolchester
Be careful where you buy a house.

Some parts of Windsor are prone to basement flooding to the extent that some insurance companies will not cover you for your rec room etc.

Try a google search of the areas.
As Bristol says a tad late lol However this was something that we did research. We found a very nice house in Lakeside but walked away as that street/ house was hit very badly in the last couple of floods. The house we have bought is in an area that was not badly affected and the house sits on a high well crowned lot that has never flooded.

I live on the top of a hill here in NB and we still ended up with a 1 cm 'flood' 2 years ago in the basement. That caused about 8k worth of damage so I cant imagine what some of the poor sods had to deal with under several feet!
Old Jul 16th 2018, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Originally Posted by bats
Four hours to Chicago.
Depends how fast you drive

A definite plus point - I love Chicago
Old Jul 17th 2018, 2:48 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Grabbed this from a FB post earlier

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/07/1...entry-toronto/