Reload this Page >

finally landed

finally landed

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 7:46 pm
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough
Default finally landed

hello all,

We landed over the weekend in toronto, and we are glad that it's all over now finally. It's been a long wait, stressful, but well worth it now. Went in to swap the licence today, opened bank accounts, and starting work soon.

The kid should also be starting school this week. We are staying in toronto for now, until we find a house to buy, don't really want to live in Toronto, after all the stories we have been reading of late.

Ta
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:04 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: finally landed

Originally Posted by finallygotout
hello all,

We landed over the weekend in toronto, and we are glad that it's all over now finally. It's been a long wait, stressful, but well worth it now. Went in to swap the licence today, opened bank accounts, and starting work soon.

The kid should also be starting school this week. We are staying in toronto for now, until we find a house to buy, don't really want to live in Toronto, after all the stories we have been reading of late.

Ta
Welcome. Don't let this warm weather fool you. It's not normal.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Lucky you. I saw my first ever Canadian snow falling here in Calgary this morning. Brrrrrrrrr. All my warm cloths are back in the UK.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:09 pm
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

The weekend was unbelieveable nice, we couldnt believe our eyes, even today is nice and hot. We have been told not think it's going to last, so to enjoy it whilst it last.

We can't wait for the snow though
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:11 pm
Cowtown

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Lucky you. I saw my first ever Canadian snow falling here in Calgary this morning. Brrrrrrrrr. All my warm cloths are back in the UK.
Just for information:
This is not the first snow to fall on Calgary this winter. The north west had some a week or so ago.

There was some debate whether it would count as Calgarys official first snow of the winter as it has to land at the airport to count (so I hear).

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:13 pm

LOL!!!

Get back to me next Spring on that one. We'll review your affection for snow then.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cowtown
Just for information:
This is not the first snow to fall on Calgary this winter. The north west had some a week or so ago.
I saw that on my garden, but didn't count it because I was sensibly still asleep as it fell.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:35 pm
Cowtown

Brrrrrrrrr. All my warm cloths are back in the UK.
Can I suggest you go out an buy some warm stuff as its not actually cold yet. If you wait until it is cold you will freeze in the process.

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can I suggest you go out an buy some warm stuff as its not actually cold yet. If you wait until it is cold you will freeze in the process.
You mean that my cunning plan to burn off all the fat by walking out in the cold is not going to work?
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

fell off my chair when reading this post...in jan or feb when you walk outside with your metal detector trying to find your car I think you may feel a little different.......they don't have brass monkeys in Canada they have brass GORRILAS
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

You mean that my cunning plan to burn off all the fat by walking out in the cold is not going to work?
Only if your final destination is a psychiatric ward in the nearest hospital!
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:07 pm
Cowtown

You do realise the first major snowfall in Calgary is expected before the 31st. The snowfalls recently are only "flurries" and its not "cold" - its only "chilly". Cold is officially when the temperature drops below minus 25C.

You should also be prepared for the final snowfall to be in May! Although it could also snow in June, July or August. The only snowfree month since we landed has been July!

Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

and its not "cold" - its only "chilly". Cold is officially when the temperature drops below minus 25C.
I concur that it's only "chilly", I am still running in shorts and will only wear leggings when it gets "cold". I hate wearing leggings for running so will hold out for as long as possible.

I experienced 8 inches of snow in September, but I was at around 7,000 ft at the time, so deserved it
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by CalgaryBlade
I concur that it's only "chilly", I am still running in shorts and will only wear leggings when it gets "cold". I hate wearing leggings for running so will hold out for as long as possible.

I experienced 8 inches of snow in September, but I was at around 7,000 ft at the time, so deserved it
According to another thread, Calgary is among the best cities in the world to live in. Go figure.

Gatineau may not be on the list, actually it's one of the least popular cities in Quebec, but if today is anything like yesterday, I'll have to turn the AC on.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

According to another thread, Calgary is among the best cities in the world to live in. Go figure.
That's because there's never a dull moment with the weather here

Actually, I find the weather's fine here. Yes it can be a little odd, but generally it's sunny and the air quality is good. No real need for AC either as even on the hottest days it cools down in the evening.

This time of year is when the temp can rise 25c between sunrise and sunset (-5 to +20)

We don't get too much snow, and what we do get is dry snow which can usually be brushed away easily.

I'm a runner (and cyclist) and the weather and temps (and air quality) are great for the outdoor types.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.