Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Finally got here with kids and dog

Finally got here with kids and dog

Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice
Smile Finally got here with kids and dog

Hi Everyone, after landing just over a week ago, our trip went pretty smooth with regards worrying about my dog Stanley. Flew for Heathrow with A/C and staff were great. Went to a special check in and the guy dealing with my dog was great and very helpful with any questions. Make sure aswell as the feeder and water bowl you have a funnel as it was a must as I nearly didn't bother but could have purchased one for $5. Dog was just excited and happy to see me at other end and made no mess in his Kennel, bless him.

Hopefully I have offered some peace of mind for anybody a bit worried about flying their pet over.

Karen
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:11 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got here with kids and dog

Glad you made it ok and all went well.

Welcome to Canada
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of

well done you guys, will be going out of MAN on the 31st with dog and kids.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice
Smile Re: Finally got here with kids and dog

Thanks guys, just getting used to the climate, but fine so far.

Good luck Griff on the 31st.

Karen
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to Nova Scotia.

Deborah
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:59 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hi Everyone, after landing just over a week ago, our trip went pretty smooth with regards worrying about my dog Stanley. Flew for Heathrow with A/C and staff were great. Went to a special check in and the guy dealing with my dog was great and very helpful with any questions. Make sure aswell as the feeder and water bowl you have a funnel as it was a must as I nearly didn't bother but could have purchased one for $5. Dog was just excited and happy to see me at other end and made no mess in his Kennel, bless him.

Hopefully I have offered some peace of mind for anybody a bit worried about flying their pet over.

Karen
Welcome to sunny Nova Scotia , Karen.
Know how you felt about your dog ! We did the trip in june from glagow with 3 german shepherds and two siamese cats ! WE got our knickers in a twist-they were fine !
Where on earth is Hubley when it's at home ?
Bo
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:16 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Nova Scotia (boy, it ain't half cold brrrrrrrrrr)!

Glad that your dog coped very well with the flight. Hope you all settle in very nicely
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys

yep, certainly is cold, -16 last night and a hell of alot more with windchill. Didn`t realise how good thermal underwear can be!

Marathonwreck, Hubley is just 10/15 minutes out of Halifax, take highway 103 and we are in a quiet subdivision called "Lake of the Woods" just 2 minutes off exit 4. It`s a pretty neat place to live, and I know it`s been said a million times before on these forums, but there was no way we could have afforded a house like this in an area like this back in Blighty!

So far I love everything about Nova Scotia. It`s early days but I can`t see me ever returning home.

Karen
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

hcastles will become famous soon enoughhcastles will become famous soon enough

Hi there

Scus me for butting in on your chat!!!! We live just outside Glasgow and are thinking of emmigrating out to Nova Scotia.

How long did it take you to get your visa, how much do the animals cost to take, (we have a Golden Retreiver and 2 cats) and why did you choose NS.

Sorry for all the qusetions......

Glad your trip was fine and the animals are OK tho.

Cheers

Helen
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hcastles
Hi there

Scus me for butting in on your chat!!!! We live just outside Glasgow and are thinking of emmigrating out to Nova Scotia.

How long did it take you to get your visa, how much do the animals cost to take, (we have a Golden Retreiver and 2 cats) and why did you choose NS.

Sorry for all the qusetions......

Glad your trip was fine and the animals are OK tho.

Cheers

Helen
Hi Helen, I have canadian citizenship, it was my OH I had to sponsor.

Timeline was:
Spousal appplication sent 20.11.05
Recieved Mississauga sent 23.11.05
Started processing 19.12.05
Decision made 28.03.06
A.O.R London 4.04.06
P.P.R Recieved 28.04.06
Submit passport 5.05.06
Visa arrived 19.05.06

The dog cost 105.00 pounds plus inspection fee at other end $34.20

Karen