Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Finally...after 3 years, a job!

Finally...after 3 years, a job!

Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

UK2USA2CA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finally...after 3 years, a job!

Originally Posted by Merry
After 3 years I have finally secured permanent work (as a lawyer). I had no problem getting short term government (non-lawyer) work but have struggled to find something permanent. I did the whole networking thing and made lots of contacts though temporary work,etc., but as luck would have it, this job materialized after I sent out a batch of resumes on spec to firms where I had no existing contact. One of them called me up asking to meet for lunch and that same day offered me work. After a few meetings and emails we settled on terms, etc and I am very excited (and a little nervous) to start work.

For those who are still trying to find work, don't give up - you just never know what might be around the corner and don't reject any method of finding work, assuming networking is the only way.
Well done and best of luck with the new job
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

Well Done and Congratulations
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it
Old Mar 10th 2013, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Excellent news! Perserverance does pay.

Ruby