British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   feeling like i belong somewhere again!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/feeling-like-i-belong-somewhere-again-594209/)

clairemarie70 Feb 26th 2009 4:33 pm

feeling like i belong somewhere again!!!

hi, thought id update on our fast track application..application started aug08.got 90 day letter 20th dec..had medicals on the 16th jan 09..and just had our passport request letter:thumbsup:...not taken long at all...and after all the stressing etc...i can now relax and start to feel like i belong somewhere again and not just feeling like im on a long holiday...good luck to everyone waiting..it will be worth it:D

terese677 Feb 26th 2009 5:07 pm

Re: feeling like i belong somewhere again!!!

Congratulations:thumbsup::thumbsup:

gibsonslanding Feb 26th 2009 5:09 pm

good for you hunny and well done......we're just a little behind you, timeline wise, so i'm hoping i can say the same thing soon.....

AlvicBC Feb 26th 2009 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by clairemarie70 (Post 7325834)
hi, thought id update on our fast track application..application started aug08.got 90 day letter 20th dec..had medicals on the 16th jan 09..and just had our passport request letter:thumbsup:...not taken long at all...and after all the stressing etc...i can now relax and start to feel like i belong somewhere again and not just feeling like im on a long holiday...good luck to everyone waiting..it will be worth it:D

Well done Claire...it takes a real weight off you shoulders doesn't it?

Are you still enjoying life in Saskatchewan then? At least you aren't far from North Portal for your border crossing:thumbup:

purple80 Feb 26th 2009 6:28 pm

Congratulations.
Bet you feel like the end is in sight!

clairemarie70 Feb 26th 2009 7:12 pm

thanks for all the replies...yes we are still in SK..we are about half hour from north portal..but we are also about the same time from the other port in Estevan (forgot what its called)..so we wont have to go far to activate our visa's...until you go through the whole process of immigration from selling your home and tying up the ends in the UK to living your life in a completely different country and sorting out your application and everything that goes with it...including the big time stress...its difficult to put into words the relief
and weight lifted of once you know you are sending passports off to get the visa put in....the most difficult part for me personally was the waiting for the request for the passports..because the medicals for me i thought were going to let me down as i am big time overweight...and lots of things going through my mind...still thats all behind me...thank god...:D

AlvicBC Feb 26th 2009 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by clairemarie70 (Post 7326514)
thanks for all the replies...yes we are still in SK..we are about half hour from north portal..but we are also about the same time from the other port in Estevan (forgot what its called)..so we wont have to go far to activate our visa's...until you go through the whole process of immigration from selling your home and tying up the ends in the UK to living your life in a completely different country and sorting out your application and everything that goes with it...including the big time stress...its difficult to put into words the relief
and weight lifted of once you know you are sending passports off to get the visa put in....the most difficult part for me personally was the waiting for the request for the passports..because the medicals for me i thought were going to let me down as i am big time overweight...and lots of things going through my mind...still thats all behind me...thank god...:D

Claire, as far as I am aware, unless you activate your visa at the inland office in Regina - the border crossing at North Portal is the only other one with immigration at it -at least it was last October when we were doing our flagpole bit;) - and I mean where they dont have to fax all your details through to North Portal and write your visa out by hand:eek:

clairemarie70 Feb 26th 2009 7:28 pm

thanks for telling me that..saves me looking like a retard...think we are going to go to menards and activate them on the way back..thanks again