Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

FAST TRACKING PR!!!!!!!

FAST TRACKING PR!!!!!!!

Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

janeymay will become famous soon enoughjaneymay will become famous soon enough
Default FAST TRACKING PR!!!!!!!

Just wondered if any body has fast tracked their PR around February 09 time, if so has anybody heard anything yet? I know its still early days but this damn process takes over your lifes!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:32 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FAST TRACKING PR!!!!!!!

Sent mine in November and not heard yet, but someone else on here sent theirs in October and heard recently
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:51 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think they were doing the "fast tracking" anymore? I thought you just joined the back of the queue?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

bex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nice

Submitted ours 17th December 08 and not heard anything yet either. Hand delivered it to London and was told we'd hear with a case number within 3 months... but still nothing yet. I think they'll probably not bother with the issuing of a case number and go straight to requesting medicals or further information because they are stating 6 month average for turnaround. But hey, who knows once it disappears into the depths of CHC
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:17 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I didn't think they were doing the "fast tracking" anymore? I thought you just joined the back of the queue?
After April 1st 09, there's no fast tracking for new applicants - but those who already have a file number can fast track a previous application in the queue (that's the indication I've had from CHC anyway)....
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I think applications submitted before 27th Feb 2008 goes the old route, which ours was, in Calgary on TWP so now fast tracking, maybe we are being a litttle impatient
Old May 1st 2009, 12:35 am
Edmonton arrived

crg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond repute

Sent our PR application in in Feb 07, Took 4 months to get a case number and we haven't heard anything since, Now in Alberta on TWP'S so I've got to update our file
Old May 1st 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by janeymay
Just wondered if any body has fast tracked their PR around February 09 time, if so has anybody heard anything yet? I know its still early days but this damn process takes over your lifes!!!!
I know, I hate this living in limbo-land. (At least we're here while we wait, lovin our wee corner of Canada ... that's how I'm getting through the uncertainty.)

We sent our PR application to London to be fast-tracked. It was sent mid Dec but we never got a signature for delivery so were worried. We emailed CIC to ask if it arrived safely and got the following info included in the response (along with our file number) within a couple of days:

"We endeavour to process Quebec / Provincial Nominee / Arranged Employment applications within 6 months of receipt, as advertised on our website: www.canada.org.uk Delays in processing can sometimes occur depending on the individual’s circumstances and unusually busy periods."

So at least we know they are aiming for fast-tracking...was quite surprised they even mentioned this, really. (This info was given to us on 10 Feb for our file which was created on the 21 of Jan by them so if your timing is similar then maybe you're in the same boat.)

I've gathered on here that, in practice, fast-tracking has been actually taking 6-12 months. That would be just fine!!!

Hope you hear soon.
Old May 1st 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

We applied early 2007 and updated our file last August when we arrived on TWP. We have still heard nothing and are getting really frustrated.
Old May 1st 2009, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Monkey Puzzle
I know, I hate this living in limbo-land. (At least we're here while we wait, lovin our wee corner of Canada ... that's how I'm getting through the uncertainty.)

We sent our PR application to London to be fast-tracked. It was sent mid Dec but we never got a signature for delivery so were worried. We emailed CIC to ask if it arrived safely and got the following info included in the response (along with our file number) within a couple of days:

"We endeavour to process Quebec / Provincial Nominee / Arranged Employment applications within 6 months of receipt, as advertised on our website: www.canada.org.uk Delays in processing can sometimes occur depending on the individual’s circumstances and unusually busy periods."

So at least we know they are aiming for fast-tracking...was quite surprised they even mentioned this, really. (This info was given to us on 10 Feb for our file which was created on the 21 of Jan by them so if your timing is similar then maybe you're in the same boat.)

I've gathered on here that, in practice, fast-tracking has been actually taking 6-12 months. That would be just fine!!!

Hope you hear soon.
Yes must admit that is what we have said about we are still living the Canadian life, but suppose we want this that much its the unknown and uncertainty of it all. We fast tracked towards the end of Feb, no signature to say it had been received and Canada Post said there was a strong possiblilty that the letter was lost and are looking into it but could take upto 60 days, so we resent them via Fedex with a covering letter to apologise if they had received the first lot and they were delivered Monday 27th April. Prior to this sent an email to see if they had received the first lot, about 3-4 weeks ago and still no reply.

Also looked at the cic website but can not seem to find how to check how long they are saying for processing, (im sure im not looking in the right sections) do you know what sections to look into to bring this information up?

Thank you for your input much appreciated, and same to you hope you get a result very soon.

Janeymay
Old May 1st 2009, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
We applied early 2007 and updated our file last August when we arrived on TWP. We have still heard nothing and are getting really frustrated.
I sincerely know so much how you feel
Old May 4th 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by janeymay
Also looked at the cic website but can not seem to find how to check how long they are saying for processing, (im sure im not looking in the right sections) do you know what sections to look into to bring this information up?
Hi Janeymay ...

I found these two pages on the CIC website which are references to the actual expected processing time for the "fast-tracking" of PR re arranged employment. It certainly does seem to confirm what we've been led to believe so far re the 6-12 months wait time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2008-11-28.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2008-11-28.asp

I'm so sorry to hear about the "lost" application ...that so easily could have been us. As if this thing isn't stressful enough without that, eh?

Post again or send me a wee PM when you hear more .... I'm with you, I'm with you!!!!

Deb
Old May 6th 2009, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

I will start the process soon. My wife and I came to Calgary in August last year and our TWPs will run out in August 2010. We had a baby last month at Rockyview who is, obviously, a Canadian citizen. I was lucky as I just got 'under the bar' work-wise. Given that the Oil Sands industry here started to 'tank' last October, I wouldn't have got a job had I left it any later. I came off contract in February and opted for a full-time 'staff' position with my company. 25% pay cut but more job security and benefits.

I work for a big multinational company and I was going to do the Fast Track route privately (I already have a File Number with CHC), however, HR said that they would handle the PR immigration process on my behalf through their lawyers. I love Canada and want to stay. I would hate to have to return to England. Hopefully it will go smoothly. I post updates later.

Good luck to everybody.
Old May 6th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

We came over with a work permit in 07. PR papers submitted January 08. We've had our file number since March 08. Meds request in August, completed and submitted in September 08. Then...............nothing. It really is very frustrating and the uncertainty does cause stress and concern. Keeping everything crossed that things move on soon. I really don't want to have to re-apply for twp again and even more so I do NOT want to retake the medicals (pricey for 5 of us).
Old May 6th 2009, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
We came over with a work permit in 07. PR papers submitted January 08. We've had our file number since March 08. Meds request in August, completed and submitted in September 08. Then...............nothing. It really is very frustrating and the uncertainty does cause stress and concern. Keeping everything crossed that things move on soon. I really don't want to have to re-apply for twp again and even more so I do NOT want to retake the medicals (pricey for 5 of us).
Oh bless you!!!! that is a long time to wait, have you chased immigration in case paperwork has got mislaid, good luck, keep us posted

Janeymay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.