Farewell, Scotland, we're fed up with the thuggery

Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

iwanttotalktoyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Farewell, Scotland, we're fed up with the thuggery

[March 29, 2006]

(Daily Mail Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge)RECORD numbers of Scots are fleeing the country's poor weather, high crime and low pay for a better life abroad.

Thousands will emigrate this year, most of them bound for destinations such as Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

Others are expected to head for England, Wales or Northern Ireland.

edit - I've trimmed down this copyrighted article, can you post the link instead? See FAQ rule 6

Last edited by Biiiiink; Apr 20th 2006 at 1:17 am. Reason: Removed article text
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Farewell, Scotland, we're fed up with the thuggery

The daily mail!!

Always a source of accurate unbiased information

Originally Posted by iwanttotalktoyou
[March 29, 2006]

(Daily Mail Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge)RECORD numbers of Scots are fleeing the country's poor weather, high crime and low pay for a better life abroad.

Thousands will emigrate this year, most of them bound for destinations such as Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

edit - I've trimmed down this copyrighted article, can you post the link instead? See FAQ rule 6
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:28 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

[March 29, 2006]

Won't that make Australia, New Zealand and Canada dangerous places to be ?
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

glenlivet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Won't that make Australia, New Zealand and Canada dangerous places to be ?
No, the thuggery is being imported north of the border by "white settlers". LOL. Just compare the Tartan army to the English Footy fans as an example. This is another reason so many Scots are moving abroad.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of strange to think of a move from Scotland to England, Wales or NI as "emigration". Wow, I've emigrated tens of times before then
Old Apr 20th 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

bart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud of

[March 29, 2006]

I think it misses the point that the Scots have always emigrated in huge numbers - Canada's first PM, for example
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:15 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. One of the reasons were skipping the pond in August.

In fact, just had a run in with a ned last week and thought to myself "Thank goodness this flat is sold and we're off."

Doesn't mean it won't happen anywhere else but I rather try than grin and bear it here.

[March 29, 2006]

Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

[March 29, 2006]

I've never encountered this "thuggery". Are you sure that you want to emigrate to another country instead of the cheaper and quicker alternative of just moving away from where the chavscum live?

There are other reasons to go if you live in Scotland. One is to see that yellow thing in the sky known in other countries as "the Sun." But you really need to go to the Okanagan or the Niagara peninsula to get the best dose.

My reasons for going are being bored with Britain and being really sick of creeping authoritarianism. When I first applied and people asked why, I used to give the second reason, but you could see eyes glaze over. Now when I omit the second reason people mutter "yeah, and the authoritarianism."

K.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:10 pm
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Madmac
Yup. One of the reasons were skipping the pond in August.

In fact, just had a run in with a ned last week
Well we have our equivalents of chavs and neds here, that's for sure, but they don't have an official name.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jandro
Well we have our equivalents of chavs and neds here, that's for sure, but they don't have an official name.
Here they are mostly called gang members, gangsters, or gang bangers.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:21 pm
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sysclp
And don't forget the bikers.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

kaka1964 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sysclp
when i move to Aus ...if see at least 1 Burberry cap ...I'll flip

gggggrrrrrrr
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt0157
My reasons for going are being bored with Britain and being really sick of creeping authoritarianism. When I first applied and people asked why, I used to give the second reason, but you could see eyes glaze over. Now when I omit the second reason people mutter "yeah, and the authoritarianism."
I don't know that discomfort with authoritarianism is a good reason to move to Canada, this is a highly regulated place. Many laws are routinely ignored, of course, but still they are on the books and if they were all suddenly enforced there wouldn't be much freedom here.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't know that discomfort with authoritarianism is a good reason to move to Canada, this is a highly regulated place. Many laws are routinely ignored, of course, but still they are on the books and if they were all suddenly enforced there wouldn't be much freedom here.
Yeah, I know it's a desperate hope. The whole Western World is going mad. It's the "interesting times" we live in. But right now in Britain all the old laws are being enforced (hilariously the 1926 Act outlawing selling peerages!). Some poor bastard got done under a Napoleonic War era law outlawing the showing of mutilations on the street (stopping old soldiers begging then, stopping people seeing photos of what is happening in Iraq now).

If you say that they aren't enforced in Canada now, then that's at least an improvement over the situation in Blighty.

K.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by kt0157
Yeah, I know it's a desperate hope. The whole Western World is going mad. It's the "interesting times" we live in. But right now in Britain all the old laws are being enforced (hilariously the 1926 Act outlawing selling peerages!). Some poor bastard got done under a Napoleonic War era law outlawing the showing of mutilations on the street (stopping old soldiers begging then, stopping people seeing photos of what is happening in Iraq now).

If you say that they aren't enforced in Canada now, then that's at least an improvement over the situation in Blighty.

K.
I have to say that we're all very nervous here. The new government hasn't really done anything yet and it's a minority one so it must tread carefully but the leader is very pro-Bush. Finger crossed that Canada remains as free as it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.