Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Farewell Nova Scotia - will miss you lots

Farewell Nova Scotia - will miss you lots

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Farewell Nova Scotia - will miss you lots

I can't believe we're doing it again! This time it's Nova Scotia to Ontario.

Hubby has gone ahead...again... and I am left with a house to pack up. Oh and also put the finishing touches to it with a builder who turns up when he feels like it!!!

So whenever my dear husband finds us somewhere to rent in Ontario we will be making the 1800km drive to join him...

In the meantime, I have a paint brush in one hand and bubble wrap in the other!

Wish me luck and believe me, there will be lots of this :drink wine: at the other end!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Farewell Nova Scotia - will miss you lots

Originally Posted by DandNHill

Wish me luck and believe me, there will be lots of this :drink wine: at the other end!!!
He didn't tell you? We don't have wine in Ontario, it's a healthy province, herbal tea is the norm.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
He didn't tell you? We don't have wine in Ontario, it's a healthy province, herbal tea is the norm.
Haha, I can live with that!! I already told hubby that I would be bringing some green tea with me to make sure I have some from the get go! lol
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:39 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you two, and very best of luck

It's a very long way to move, and sometimes the nearest thousand kilometre radius is not going to provide you with the certain something!

I wish you the very best, every success and leave crumbs for those who follow behind
Old Jun 24th 2014, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MillieF
Well done you two, and very best of luck

It's a very long way to move, and sometimes the nearest thousand kilometre radius is not going to provide you with the certain something!

I wish you the very best, every success and leave crumbs for those who follow behind
Thanks. I can even waive as we drive by if you like, you're near Fredricton aren't you? That would be the perfect place for a tea break! lol I have travelling companions who would probably prefer a bowl of water though!
Old Jun 24th 2014, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!! Waving my cup of tea vaguely, in the general direction of the E-W Highway !

S
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

I know a lot of us are or have found it hard in Nova Scotia, its a beautiful place but jobs are pretty scarce, with a its who you know and not what you know attitude. We know quite a few brits who are heading to other provinces. I hope Ontario brings you happiness, good puck with the move
Old Jun 24th 2014, 3:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I can even waive as we drive by if you like, you're near Fredricton aren't you? That would be the perfect place for a tea break! lol I have travelling companions who would probably prefer a bowl of water though!
I hope you didn't have your hearts set on Angus as a place to live.

Welcome (eventually) to Ontario.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Good luck!! Waving my cup of tea vaguely, in the general direction of the E-W Highway !

S
Thank you kind sir. Maybe you could share the cup of tea as I am passing?

Originally Posted by family_of_4
I know a lot of us are or have found it hard in Nova Scotia, its a beautiful place but jobs are pretty scarce, with a its who you know and not what you know attitude. We know quite a few brits who are heading to other provinces. I hope Ontario brings you happiness, good puck with the move
Yep, it's tough. But after a while, when hubby kept saying: "there are 2 jobs I can apply for here in NS and about 300 in ON" you have to do something about it. E.I. is a huge improvement on unemployment benefit but it still doesn't pay the bills

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I hope you didn't have your hearts set on Angus as a place to live.

Welcome (eventually) to Ontario.
Novo, euh, we might not be far from Angus... like 20 minutes... I'm just gonna keep smiling!!!
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Novo, euh, we might not be far from Angus... like 20 minutes... I'm just gonna keep smiling!!!
Not to worry. What are the chances of a twister twice in the same place?

Moreover, I bet there's some properties there going cheap now.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Not to worry. What are the chances of a twister twice in the same place?

Moreover, I bet there's some properties there going cheap now.
You've been listening to the news then? lol
Old Jun 25th 2014, 3:30 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move DandNHill
Old Jun 25th 2014, 3:30 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move DandNHill
Old Jun 27th 2014, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

Good luck xxx
Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you kind sir. Maybe you could share the cup of tea as I am passing?
Madame, actually , but I'll still share a cuppa!

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.