Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Family Rental Halifax

Family Rental Halifax

Old Dec 31st 2011, 3:22 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 43
nathanm is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Family Rental Halifax

We are relocating to NS from the uk ideally we would like to find a rental 3bed + for a family & small dog at the beginning of April/May

We did originally settle for the Bedford / Fall River area but are now open to suggestions maybe South Shore?

Looking for a minimum 12 months furnished preferred.

Any help, ideas, or suggested vendors would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
nathanm is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2011, 4:32 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Arris's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NS
Posts: 1,212
Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Kijiji is a good place to start - will give you an idea of prices & what's out there, you could put an advert on there that you're looking for a place to rent once you know where. http://halifax.kijiji.ca/f-real-esta...l-W0QQCatIdZ43

I don't know any rental companies but if you use Facebook this is a good group to join https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/besofnovascotia/

Happy New Year & all the best for your move over in 2012
Arris is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:14 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 43
nathanm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Originally Posted by Arris View Post
Kijiji is a good place to start - will give you an idea of prices & what's out there, you could put an advert on there that you're looking for a place to rent once you know where. http://halifax.kijiji.ca/f-real-esta...l-W0QQCatIdZ43

I don't know any rental companies but if you use Facebook this is a good group to join https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/besofnovascotia/

Happy New Year & all the best for your move over in 2012
Many thanks for your reply i will check these sites out ...

Happy New Year !
nathanm is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2011, 8:02 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
chobert's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 213
chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Hi, you can also take a look at www.letsrent.ca

Good luck and I hope you find somewhere suitable ... worth noting that a lot of rentals aren't pet friendly so this could narrow your search.

Best wishes,
Chobert
chobert is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2011, 8:33 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 43
nathanm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Many thanks for your help...
nathanm is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2011, 9:24 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
DandNHill's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in Hamilton, ON
Posts: 4,306
DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Are you looking at commuting into Halifax?
South Shore is a huge area so don't choose a place because it's cheap to then find you have a loooong way to travel to work every day.
DandNHill is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2011, 9:33 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 43
nathanm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Originally Posted by DandNHill View Post
Are you looking at commuting into Halifax?
South Shore is a huge area so don't choose a place because it's cheap to then find you have a loooong way to travel to work every day.
I'll be commuting to the Bedford area so looking to be 30-40 mins, your right the property rent appears to be alot cheaper which was an attraction...
nathanm is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 3:26 pm
  #8  
no I aint
 
Flogger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: The dog house
Posts: 2,096
Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Originally Posted by allycat231 View Post
Lower Sackville is good to, plenty of shopping and good schools.
Lower Sackville?
Flogger is offline  
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:51 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
smitp11's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 458
smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Originally Posted by nathanm View Post
We are relocating to NS from the uk ideally we would like to find a rental 3bed + for a family & small dog at the beginning of April/May

We did originally settle for the Bedford / Fall River area but are now open to suggestions maybe South Shore?

Looking for a minimum 12 months furnished preferred.

Any help, ideas, or suggested vendors would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
You should send a PM to gvanleer, they have a basement apartment in the Fall River area, that they rent out, which may help you in the short term....
smitp11 is offline  
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:24 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 43
nathanm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Rental Halifax

Originally Posted by smitp11 View Post
You should send a PM to gvanleer, they have a basement apartment in the Fall River area, that they rent out, which may help you in the short term....
thanks for your response smitp 11 but really need something bigger...
nathanm is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.