Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

family class spouse wait times???

family class spouse wait times???

Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:26 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Default Re: family class spouse wait times???

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Holy cow thats a long time! you havent heard anything from them at all? has your lawyer contacted them and asked why?

Are you sure your lawyer filed it when he said he would? that does seem an awfully long time without them sending ti back with changes or anything.
Hi

Yes it was definitely filed on 7th Nov last year. They said that because of the holiday period it may take a little longer, but we are up to 70 days on Monday. Our lawyers assure me that they will contact them asap to find out what's going on. We are confident that our lawyers (Abrams&Krochak) submitted a sound application.We actually checked it out before they filed it for us. They say that they will not submit an application without it being a cast iron certainty that it will be accepted. We have paid all government fees etc, so as we want to move to Barrie in the Autumn of this year, we are beginning to worry a little.
Thanks for your reply.
Drew
Old Jan 14th 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi,
I'm a Canadian living in the UK and am sponsoring my husband for permanent residency in Canada. Our lawyers filed our application in Mississauga on 7th Nov 2005. As its now almost 70 days, has anyone experienced such a long wait, as our lawyers initially said it shouldn't take more than 4 weeks.
Cheers
Kelly
Hi,
My canadian wife is sponsoring me, we timed it hopefully for a mid/late 06 move to Vancouver, doing the paperwork ourselves.
We sent our paperwork mid / late Nov 05, so far we have heard nothing from CIC.
However about a week ago I understood how to use the CIC on-line services, and by using the receipt number, I have found out the paperwork has arrived and is being processed.
We are expecting delays as we applied near the christmas/new year.
Maybe your lawyers can check using their receipt ?
Cheers
jerry
Old Jan 15th 2006, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi,
My canadian wife is sponsoring me, we timed it hopefully for a mid/late 06 move to Vancouver, doing the paperwork ourselves.
However about a week ago I understood how to use the CIC on-line services, and by using the receipt number, I have found out the paperwork has arrived and is being processed.
Cheers
jerry

Looks like CPC-M really are taking there time in the new year!!! Hope you guys all hear something soon its a horrible wait because 42 days seems such a short period of time but when your waiting it feels like a bloody year every day!

but then again it doesnt get much easier once london start cos then you have no idea when its comming LOL
Old Jan 15th 2006, 2:48 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi,
Cheers
jerry
Jerry, Hi.

It's kind of reassuring as it sounds like you're in the same boat as ourselves. I suupose all good things come to those who wait.
Thanks for your reply, and if anyone at CPC is reading this.............Pull your bloody fingers out!!!!!
All the best
Drew

PS Go Leafs!!!
Old Jan 15th 2006, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Jerry, Hi.

It's kind of reassuring as it sounds like you're in the same boat as ourselves. I suupose all good things come to those who wait.
Thanks for your reply, and if anyone at CPC is reading this.............Pull your bloody fingers out!!!!!
All the best
Drew

PS Go Leafs!!!

ROFL id laugh if they did watch these sites and were reading it LOL

It seems now the new year has rung in and the wine and choccys arent being passed around they are all sitting on there backsides taking there good ass time.

Il add that if anyone reads this from the London CIC hurry the bloody hell up i want to go home for a visit and start my life goddammmiittt!!!
Old Jan 15th 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

As I said at the very start of this thread, our application was recieved in Mississauga on October 28th and it started being processsed properly on Nov 28th and we've heard nothing other than it has 'in process' status on the website, which is something at least! We've not recieved anything at all in the post yet telling us how it's going. We're just being optimistic and putting it down to xmas/new year delaying things a bit. It would be nice to able to contact them and find out if everything's OK. At least we're all in the same boat!
Old Jan 15th 2006, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
ROFL id laugh if they did watch these sites and were reading it LOL

It seems now the new year has rung in and the wine and choccys arent being passed around they are all sitting on there backsides taking there good ass time.

Il add that if anyone reads this from the London CIC hurry the bloody hell up i want to go home for a visit and start my life goddammmiittt!!!
hey, i just want to remind everyone that we have all had to go through the pain and hell of waiting our turn, and yeah it's poo, but we really are the lucky ones those poor bastards that are going through the skilled worker route now they really do have the wait like 3-4 or more years not mths years
Old Jan 15th 2006, 4:32 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by nickybum
hey, i just want to remind everyone that we have all had to go through the pain and hell of waiting our turn, and yeah it's poo, but we really are the lucky ones those poor bastards that are going through the skilled worker route now they really do have the wait like 3-4 or more years not mths years
Yeh, I suppose we are the "lucky ones". I suppose we're stll on target for moving over late summer.
Good luck everyone.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickybum
Hi
Yep true, those married to a canadian are lucky in more ways than one...
Good luck to all ........
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jan 15th 2006, 6:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Misissauga recieved our application in November 2005 and it is 'in process'. My Calgarian wife's sponsoring me for PR status through London office - can anyone give us a realistic clue as to how long it takes to process at the moment. I'm not sure I trust the CIC timetable examples. We hope to fly out in June/July? Anyone been down this route have any advice?

Has your Calgarian wife also got British citizenship? If not, it might be a good idea for her to apply for naturalisation (if she's eligible) before leaving the UK.

Jeremy
Old Jan 15th 2006, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=JAJ]Has your Calgarian wife also got British citizenship? If not, it might be a good idea for her to apply for naturalisation (if she's eligible) before leaving the UK.

She has a UK passport as well as her canadian one - born in Canada with Brit parents. Not heard of 'naturalisation' before.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:58 pm
Kelly

[QUOTE=greenbwoy]
Originally Posted by JAJ
Has your Calgarian wife also got British citizenship? If not, it might be a good idea for her to apply for naturalisation (if she's eligible) before leaving the UK.

She has a UK passport as well as her canadian one - born in Canada with Brit parents. Not heard of 'naturalisation' before.
Thats the exact situation of my wife. Born in Scarborough, Ontario to British parents. She has a British as well as a Canadian passport.
Naturalisation???
Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:43 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
On your advice Jeremy I am in process of applying for naturalisation. Took my life in the UK test which was a bit daunting but fortunately passed - anyone thinking of taking the test get the book and read it, some of the applicants in my group did not and failed!

Posted my application off to Liverpool and 2 days before due to leave for Canada for christmas got a letter from them requesting proof of travel between November 2002 and November 2005, i.e. my passport would do nicely thank you, and by the way your deadline is 10th January - I was not due to return to UK until late on the 8th january! Rang both numbers on their correspondence and both were unobtainable!so I ended up sending them a letter saying I was away over the Christmas period and could I have an extension of time. No reply when I got back to UK and eventually after much trying on the telephone got through and they more or less said oh well if your application is not in by the 10th there is a note on the file and oh yeah someone might just take that into consideration, but no guarantee! After much rushing around driving kid back to Uni on the Monday morning managed to get all the paperwork together and sent special delivery for guaranteed arrival on the 10th so I now await the outcome. My passport was from January 2003 (my husband had thrown out the previous one) so couldn't provide any travel details for the November 2002 - January 2003 time, but I did manage to find two old passports (80's and 90's) with the magic words 'given leave to enter for an indefinite period of time' in them. I also sent bank statements covering that period to sort of prove my bank account was active in the UK during that time. Do you think there may be any problem with my application because of this?

They are now quoting a waiting time of 6 months, so if anyone needs to get naturalised before they go start the application now!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=kellydrew]
Originally Posted by greenbwoy

Thats the exact situation of my wife. Born in Scarborough, Ontario to British parents. She has a British as well as a Canadian passport.
Naturalisation???

Hi
similar situation
My wife was born Vancouver to british parents, she a both Canadian & UK passports.
I know nothing of naturalisation ? worrying if she needs it :scared:
cheers
Jerry
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you lot waited for your AOR?

I sent our application off to Mississauga at the beginning of December and we've not had anything back yet.

We're about to put our house on the market as well... :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.