Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Faking laughter to blend with Canadian humour

Faking laughter to blend with Canadian humour

Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:21 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faking laughter to blend with Canadian humour

Originally Posted by Boy d
become quite the canada basher havent we
No, on the contrary, I'm quite complimentary of the place, its very scenic around Vancouver, has decent fishing, the July and August weather can be quite spectacular and I like the sushi and chicken-wing special nights. What else is there?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by skytek
Yes, lots of great scenery to be seen here (if a bit flat compared to back home) and some of the best sunsets I've ever experienced! But then I am from Ireland and grew up surrounded by breathtaking scenery and lots of rolling green hills and beautiful old Architecture. The lakes here and sunsets are beautiful. People complain about the weather but the snow and ice brings lots of fun with skating and sleding and in the warmer months there is so much sunshine it's surprising!

I think where I am gets a lot of cultural overlap from the states only being a couple of hours drive and their sense of humour has rubbed off here. It's just the first place I've been where I've not been able to have a good side-splitting laugh with the locals even when with relative strangers. Maybe the Canadian sincerity theory is true. It's just taking some getting used to. I expect moving to Japan would be that much harder.
I am from Ireland too and moved to New Zealand almost 4 years ago. It took me 2 years to get used to everything. Finding like minded friends was super hard. Once you do this you will be grand. oh and farts are funny.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:19 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian comedy at its best and I am being deadly serious. I love this show.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JustForLaughsTV/videos
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:44 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was pretty funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtWje9-kN0
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:38 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Danny B
Canadian comedy at its best and I am being deadly serious. I love this show.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JustForLaughsTV/videos
we had candid camera in the 70s, then beedle in the 80s

30 yrs later they're still showing this here

my kids love it, but they're both under 10
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:48 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Ron James.

Now there is a crime against comedy. Totally not funny for 30 minutes at a time.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Ron James.

Now there is a crime against comedy. Totally not funny for 30 minutes at a time.
There is something poetic about his stand up rants. The sketch show sucked thou from what I saw when we did have TV.

I seem to recall his bit on being stuck on the LA freeway and needing to pee when he was trying to break into the biz was very funny, but YMMV.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:27 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

We now have Harry Hill TV burp, now that is very funny. I dare you to try and keep a straight face, Mrs fletch laughs so much, i can't hear the tele..
Old Apr 11th 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh Canadian fart jokes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OF3uhzrITM

lol

also been watching "Crash Canyon, Alberta" here in the UK, and i'm not really impressed so far!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:49 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I spent today listening to some halfwit, almost 60 year old, at work play some shit country bumpkin song called You're an Arsehole!! After the hysterical laugher still coming from the office after the umpteenth time he played it, I wanted to cheerfully rip him an new Arsehole of his own!!

I'm surprised there are not more serial killers in this county!

ps...Fart jokes are not funny!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:17 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers

I agree, but just listen to the uncontrollable laughter on this clip.

Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:50 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

I spent today listening to some halfwit, almost 60 year old, at work play some shit country bumpkin song called You're an Arsehole!! After the hysterical laugher still coming from the office after the umpteenth time he played it, I wanted to cheerfully rip him an new Arsehole of his own!!

You still seriously need some anger management therapy. You are setting yourself up for high blood pressure problems.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Your post made me laugh out loud.... "rip him a new one" always has me chuckling...
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

Sorry I must have read this wrong Canadian have a sense of humour no way i have been here six years and have never seen that

LOL
Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boy d
I find this too. Been here in Canada for 20 years and the US for 4 before that. It's ironic acutally, the newly implanted Brits here think they are somehow more sophisticated on the humour front, when truth is, they are as dumfounded as those they jeer at.

Bit arogant, is it not, to suppose that we are funnier and have a monopoly in what splits one sides.
Been here almost 55 yrs now .and I agree with Boy d

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.