Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

vaughant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Me too. Though I'm probably just jealous of the ability to borrow many thousands of dollars so that I can look completely ridiculous.
Some good news though,you don't need to borrow any more dollars to sound ridiculous,you've shown that by your replies to this thread already!!!

Why do you keep harping on about people having to borrow money to buy one anyway?we don't all need finance to buy a car you know!!!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 3:28 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vaughant
Some good news though,you don't need to borrow any more dollars to sound ridiculous,you've shown that by your replies to this thread already!!!

Why do you keep harping on about people having to borrow money to buy one anyway?we don't all need finance to buy a car you know!!!
The majority of people that own X5's can't afford it. They use finance or hew/mew to buy them.

I expect you are going to tell me that you are rich enough to have paid cash - which is great for you. You''ll then try to make out (like you did before) that I'm just jealous because, apparently, I cannot afford it. Every time you do this it just further confirms the *considerably richer than youishness* that I seems to come with X5 ownership.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

The majority of people that own X5's can't afford it. They use finance or hew/mew to buy them.

I expect you are going to tell me that you are rich enough to have paid cash - which is great for you. You''ll then try to make out (like you did before) that I'm just jealous because, apparently, I cannot afford it. Every time you do this it just further confirms the *considerably richer than youishness* that I seems to come with X5 ownership.

Certainly not sir,right now I'd imagine a tramp to be "considerably richer than me" but I think it's a bit of a cop out to suggest everyone who owns an x5 is a twat.

Whenever I see somene driving a toyota prius I tend to think "Eco warrier environMENTALIST" but that's not exactly true is it?nice to have a car that's zero tax and does 60 mpg so it might just be a lot of clever people who own them,very poor science to judge a book by it's cover,you'll often be proved very wrong as ive found out a few times in the past!!!

Your views on x5/suv ownership and those peoples finances certainly come across as either pure jealousy or just highly uneducated in their application.

I've sacrificed a lot in life to drive nice cars but that's my/our choice,I'd personally love an x5 but as stated couldn't afford one right now and I doubt insurance companies in Canada would quote me much below 5 figures to get one of those on the road!!

Perhaps just a difference of opinions although I feel your hatred for larger vehicles,particularly x5's may come from something a bit deeper,damage to the environment etc? Only you know that,but if I see you stuck in the snow in Canada I'll be happy to help tow you out in my twatmobile!!!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Certainly not sir,right now I'd imagine a tramp to be "considerably richer than me" but I think it's a bit of a cop out to suggest everyone who owns an x5 is a twat.

Whenever I see somene driving a toyota prius I tend to think "Eco warrier environMENTALIST" but that's not exactly true is it?nice to have a car that's zero tax and does 60 mpg so it might just be a lot of clever people who own them,very poor science to judge a book by it's cover,you'll often be proved very wrong as ive found out a few times in the past!!!

Your views on x5/suv ownership and those peoples finances certainly come across as either pure jealousy or just highly uneducated in their application.

I've sacrificed a lot in life to drive nice cars but that's my/our choice,I'd personally love an x5 but as stated couldn't afford one right now and I doubt insurance companies in Canada would quote me much below 5 figures to get one of those on the road!!

Perhaps just a difference of opinions although I feel your hatred for larger vehicles,particularly x5's may come from something a bit deeper,damage to the environment etc? Only you know that,but if I see you stuck in the snow in Canada I'll be happy to help tow you out in my twatmobile!!!
Hi

You know what? His mentality reminds me of a very immature teenager'! Very strange out look.

I'm going to search for the best finance I can right now, coz I REALLY want the X5!!! I need the extra room to keep up with my new reputation, especially to find a place to put in all my make-up and different shades of nail varnishes and of coz my weekly shops of designer outfits. I'm also going to look out for the leopard print seat covers but sure enough they'll be washable, just in case!

This is the kinda bazaar attitude people have of a person.

I think Alan's parents forgot to give him a hug for good behaviour and kindness.

Guess this is why he has to voice his opinions in this manner!!

Angela
Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:54 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Not jealous. You won't need to tow me, I'll be in a pickup truck not caring about the odd dent

Many people buy these luxury SUV's as status symbols and the majority use debt to purchase them. However the only status I see is I've got into a load of debt just to show off.

Sure, it's a generalization that obviously doesn't apply to you, but there is truth in it. I was out to dinner the other day, and the bloke a couple of tables down was talking loudly about finding somewhere to park the 'beamer'. Why would he do that if he wasn't a twat?
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:56 am
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice

I was out to dinner the other day, and the bloke a couple of tables down was talking loudly about finding somewhere to park the 'beamer'. Why would he do that if he wasn't a twat?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he thought there might be some nosey opinionated twat sitting nearby earwigging his conversation and it would be fun to see if the twat with the inferiority complex in his crap dented pick-up truck would take the bait and post such bollocks on an internet forum, he usually does
Old Aug 15th 2010, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Not jealous. You won't need to tow me, I'll be in a pickup truck not caring about the odd dent

Many people buy these luxury SUV's as status symbols and the majority use debt to purchase them. However the only status I see is I've got into a load of debt just to show off.

Sure, it's a generalization that obviously doesn't apply to you, but there is truth in it. I was out to dinner the other day, and the bloke a couple of tables down was talking loudly about finding somewhere to park the 'beamer'. Why would he do that if he wasn't a twat?

I can see a lot of truth in that statement in your defence,there are a lot of idiots driving SUVs but no more,in fact a lot less than the amount driving people carriers following their sat navs every command no matter how ridiculous and impractical that command maybe!!

There's always been a stigma attached to certain cars admittedly,BMW have often had bad press by the "nigel" stigma attached to them,predominatley in the 1980's but it can't be denied that they do make a really good car.

I personally can't see why someone would brag about owning a BMW anyway,their not exactly an uncommon sight on the roads today and here in the uk can be picked up pretty cheaply,you can get an early x5 for around about 10k for the derv,8 for the 3.0l and 5-6 for the gas guzzler 4.4v8,hardly millionaires row!!

The guy in the resturant was probably also the type to be showing off his expensive watch,designer gear and platinum credit card which I would take him to be a bit twattish anyway,regardless of whatever vehicle he drove.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 3:25 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by How long
I was out to dinner the other day, and the bloke a couple of tables down was talking loudly about finding somewhere to park the 'beamer'. Why would he do that if he wasn't a twat?
Maybe he thought there might be some nosey opinionated twat sitting nearby earwigging his conversation and it would be fun to see if the twat with the inferiority complex in his crap dented pick-up truck would take the bait and post such bollocks on an internet forum, he usually does [/QUOTE]

That's funny
Old Aug 15th 2010, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by How long
Maybe he thought there might be some nosey opinionated twat sitting nearby earwigging his conversation and it would be fun to see if the twat with the inferiority complex in his crap dented pick-up truck would take the bait and post such bollocks on an internet forum, he usually does
No, there was nobody like that there.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 4:41 pm

The guy in the resturant was probably also the type to be showing off his expensive watch,designer gear and platinum credit card which I would take him to be a bit twattish anyway,regardless of whatever vehicle he drove.
actually I agree with this. He further confirmed this by him boasting how much money he'd made trading BP shares that day.

(and I wasn't eavesdropping, he just had one of those voices that is annoyingly loud in restaurants)
Old Aug 16th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!-atv-corvette-087.jpg

Id ave im in my Vette
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:14 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Attachment 95186

Id ave im in my Vette
Pervert
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been forced to upgrade my opinion of the drivers of BMW SUVs. This weekend we drove past one that wasn't on a road, it was on grass! Admittedly, it wasn't moving but I'm prepared to accept that it's unlikely it was towed into place. I now think that there are BMW drivers who are prepared to take their vehicle on to a non-metalled surface. It was still there when we drove out again so I hope it's not stuck.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:16 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous statement,how can anyone prevent an "accident",it's an unavoidable event and I know what I'd rather be in,not some poxy car that ncap deem better,but a nice big 4x4!!have you ever seen a so called side impact bar?I've seen stronger kids toys!!

I'm not certain but I'd guess you've never actually driven an x5 as you'd know they handle on average better than ANY car produced in na and a lot of euroboxes as well,they really are a drivers car,don't let anyone tell you different,the laws of physics are regularly being broken on modern cars!!
Most accidents aren't unavoidable. It's a very small proportion that are completely inevitable. I was talking a while back to an advanced driving instructor who told me that he had once witnessed a horrific T-boning at an intersection: he had seen that the pickup coming down the cross-street wasn't going to stop for a red light, so he'd jammed on the anchors. A driver in an SUV coming the other way through the intersection, who theoretically had much better sight-lines through the junction, had failed to spot the red-light jumper and was hit square-on. Both drivers died. At that point it doesn't really matter what car you're driving - dead is dead. Good observation, keeping space around you, maintaining your tyres and brakes, not being distracted while driving: all these things are way, way, way better life-preservers than a side-impact bar.

I am quite well aware of how well an X5 handles. For its type of vehicle, it handles very well indeed. But it's a big, heavy, tall vehicle. If you need that amount of space and are determined to have the Bavarian flag on your tailgate, get a 5-series touring. It's got more interior space, it's lighter, it's shorter, and it's way more agile on the limit. I certianly know which I'd rather be driving if I had to take violent evasive action.

Best handling car built in N America? If anyone ran a side-by-side test, I'd probably have a punt on the Acura TL SH-AWD, built in Marysville, OH. It doesn't cut it for me aesthetically, but from a purely handling perspective it's a winner. No SUV from Spartanburg, VA is going to trouble the scorers.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Most accidents aren't unavoidable. It's a very small proportion that are completely inevitable. I was talking a while back to an advanced driving instructor who told me that he had once witnessed a horrific T-boning at an intersection: he had seen that the pickup coming down the cross-street wasn't going to stop for a red light, so he'd jammed on the anchors. A driver in an SUV coming the other way through the intersection, who theoretically had much better sight-lines through the junction, had failed to spot the red-light jumper and was hit square-on. Both drivers died. At that point it doesn't really matter what car you're driving - dead is dead. Good observation, keeping space around you, maintaining your tyres and brakes, not being distracted while driving: all these things are way, way, way better life-preservers than a side-impact bar.

I am quite well aware of how well an X5 handles. For its type of vehicle, it handles very well indeed. But it's a big, heavy, tall vehicle. If you need that amount of space and are determined to have the Bavarian flag on your tailgate, get a 5-series touring. It's got more interior space, it's lighter, it's shorter, and it's way more agile on the limit. I certianly know which I'd rather be driving if I had to take violent evasive action.

Best handling car built in N America? If anyone ran a side-by-side test, I'd probably have a punt on the Acura TL SH-AWD, built in Marysville, OH. It doesn't cut it for me aesthetically, but from a purely handling perspective it's a winner. No SUV from Spartanburg, VA is going to trouble the scorers.
Yep the lower the better, although real drivers don’t need 4wd. Acura best handling car built in NA don’t think so. And yes most but not all BMW s are driven by D%&k heads had one yesterday that fault he would put everyone lives in danger because he was overtaken by a Corvette. I think the German economy is doing well so pick a good car from North America yes they are out there if you look closely.
I took my advance driving test in the UK and would highly recommend it to everyone don’t know if there is something similar in Canada. Also a trip or two to the skid pan will help.
Used to drive a lot of track days in the UK in my Elise, safe and right place to be able to rely get a fill for what your car could do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.