Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Adrian Harison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Originally Posted by R I C H
What leads you to think they're misleading? If they're all measured in the same controlled way they're at least comparable to each other.
That is true, but i wonder if they take into account the energy buliding the car in the first place . and what they don't say ! Also one think i don't understand how can car manufacturer say how eco a car is to the environment untill it has come to the end off its working life ?

My wife has a 1955 morris minor, still working . i would say this has to be more eco than a spanking new x5
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
The NA equivalent would surely be a Cadillac Escalade?
Usually but I saw an Expedition with MI tags and ultra low profile tyres on wheels with spinners the other week, that looked the part.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

what are MI tags ?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adrian Harison
what are MI tags ?

Michigan license plates. It was on Caribana weekend.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:23 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

That is true, but i wonder if they take into account the energy buliding the car in the first place . and what they don't say ! Also one think i don't understand how can car manufacturer say how eco a car is to the environment untill it has come to the end off its working life ?
Manufacturers don't, AFAIK, make any claims about whole of life enviro-friendliness. It'd be impossible to do so due to almost infinite variables about how the vehicle is used and maintained.

They're also not legally required to declare all the environmental impacts associated with the manufacturing process. The consumer makes their decision based on declared measurements like CO2, MPG, JD Power reliability/build quality reports etc etc.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

They're also not legally required to declare all the environmental impacts associated with the manufacturing process.
Do you think they should ? what is AFAIK ?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:43 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think they should ? what is AFAIK ?
As Far As I Know.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Manufacturers don't, AFAIK, make any claims about whole of life enviro-friendliness. It'd be impossible to do so due to almost infinite variables about how the vehicle is used and maintained.

They're also not legally required to declare all the environmental impacts associated with the manufacturing process. The consumer makes their decision based on declared measurements like CO2, MPG, JD Power reliability/build quality reports etc etc.
Hi

That's quite right RICH!

BMW says to me class and well built.

OTHERS:

I'm no drug dealer, my o/h no pimp and certainly not fat, nor kids. I'm an average girl with average needs. I'm not high maintenance either, I have short nails, not painted! I cook, I clean, I do gardening, I look after kids, I decorate and quite happy to pull in where I can. That's no poseur!!

That's some peoples' perceptions what a BMW is but that's not how it is with all!!! You're letting your imagination run wild. You're watching too much 'Pimp My Ride' channels.

I like to see vintage cars, not for me but I enjoy to see them on the roads and their owners take pride. We drive average size cars in the U.K but I like big cars, being seated to a high position to oppose to low. It's just a preference.

If you other guys like the average 1.0 L to 2.0 L cars, electric, petrol or diesel, maybe cart & pony then that's fine by me.

Again I'm open to suggestions!! One thing may need a seven seater (hope not too much of a scary thought).

Angela
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by robert_masters
I'm an average girl with average needs.
Oh Lord, won't someone buy her a Mersaydez-Benz, her friends all drive Porsches...
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:07 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

OK Pearl. Behave now.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Manufacturers don't, AFAIK, make any claims about whole of life enviro-friendliness. .

I know land rover come out with the fact that 75% of all there 4x4 sold in the UK are still on the road
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Oh Lord, won't someone buy her a Mersaydez-Benz, her friends all drive Porsches...
YES BEHAVE!!

OH LORD, Did you actually read what I said??

So my friends are not like this, shame on you!! BAD,BAD,BOY!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robert_masters
Hi

That's quite right RICH!

BMW says to me class and well built.

OTHERS:

I'm no drug dealer, my o/h no pimp and certainly not fat, nor kids. I'm an average girl with average needs. I'm not high maintenance either, I have short nails, not painted! I cook, I clean, I do gardening, I look after kids, I decorate and quite happy to pull in where I can. That's no poseur!!

That's some peoples' perceptions what a BMW is but that's not how it is with all!!! You're letting your imagination run wild. You're watching too much 'Pimp My Ride' channels.

I like to see vintage cars, not for me but I enjoy to see them on the roads and their owners take pride. We drive average size cars in the U.K but I like big cars, being seated to a high position to oppose to low. It's just a preference.

If you other guys like the average 1.0 L to 2.0 L cars, electric, petrol or diesel, maybe cart & pony then that's fine by me.

Again I'm open to suggestions!! One thing may need a seven seater (hope not too much of a scary thought).

Angela
7 seats ! I can tell you one think about the x5 , there big on the outside small on the inside

I have 4 brothers and one sister , the best thing my dad could find at the time was a long weelbase landrover
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I thought it screamed 'drug dealer or pimp' (not your kind of pimp). The NA equivalent would surely be a Cadillac Escalade?
YUK rubbish car! 6.2L massive thing! Behind Europeon rivals!

A BMW X5 Or BMW X3 equiv under 3.0L or small/med SUV.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:31 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I know land rover come out with the fact that 75% of all there 4x4 sold in the UK are still on the road
Thats entirely based on the longevity of the Series I, II & III LR's and shouldn't be taken as a vote of confidence in the post 1990's product range. Another statistic that LR won't be publishing externally but I recall from my brief sojourn working there was the for the P38A (Not the BMW Rangey but the one before) Range Rover, there was a 53% chance that the owner would need to avail of the free recovery service within the 3rd year.

Back on topic (if indeed that is possible). To the OP, the subject of cars/suv's etc is discussed frequently here. Everyone has their own preference and predjudices. Do your research and come to your own conclusions. A Honda Pilot might be considered as a 7 seat SUV.

EDIT: None of us are promoting 1.0L cars. They don't exist in North America.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.