Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice
Default Re: Exporting vehicle and Household goods - Any Advice!

Originally Posted by el_richo
I like the occasional Hummer, although my wife is a little more reluctant these days
Hi

What's your fav?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert_masters
Hi

What's your fav?
I believe people have been suspended from the board for describing that precisely.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:45 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el_richo
I like the occasional Hummer, although my wife is a little more reluctant these days
Coat.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Yes, you will see Astras around. They are badged as Saturn. However the Saturn brand and all vehicles including the Astra are no longer being sold in Canada.
Oh yes I remember now, did quite like the Saturn SUV's. Had all I wanted. Not sure what makes are considered decent or reliable brands, Dodge, Ford?

My fav is BMW X5!!! Maybe in a few years time

Angela
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
I believe people have been suspended from the board for describing that precisely.
Why, what do you mean?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Adrian Harison is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yes I remember now, did quite like the Saturn SUV's. Had all I wanted. Not sure what makes are considered decent or reliable brands, Dodge, Ford?

My fav is BMW X5!!! Maybe in a few years time

Angela

oh dear
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Why, what do you mean?
There was once a thread "What's the Best Thing That's Happened to you in Canada?" or something along those lines, to which I responded in a fulsome manner. Too fulsome for some readers. I can't repeat it because,that memory has been supplanted by one involving the Matterhorn. In any case, to do so would invite another ban.

Perhaps a visit to a dictionary of urban slang would serve you well.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

There was once a thread "What's the Best Thing That's Happened to you in Canada?" or something along those lines, to which I responded in a fulsome manner. Too fulsome for some readers. I can't repeat it because,that memory has been supplanted by one involving the Matterhorn. In any case, to do so would invite another ban.

Perhaps a visit to a dictionary of urban slang would serve you well.
Hi

I think you're mistaken. I'm talking cars nothing else. Not suggesting anything else.

But I get your point!!

Perhaps El R you need to talk with, u should know how he replies by now!! Usually negative and single minded Sometimes beneficial

Angela
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I think you're mistaken. I'm talking cars nothing else. Not suggesting anything else.
Cars and, er, well I'm not sure what one would call the BMW X5, besides ridiculous.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cars and, er, well I'm not sure what one would call the BMW X5, besides ridiculous.
I don't think soooo, why?

However, depends on the model, and the emissions are better than my smaller car now including more eco!

How much do you know?

I'm open to suggestions though!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Adrian Harison is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how misleading emissions results are these days on new cars ?
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:43 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adrian Harison
I wonder how misleading emissions results are these days on new cars ?
What leads you to think they're misleading? If they're all measured in the same controlled way they're at least comparable to each other.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

How much do you know?
I confess to not knowing much about vehicles used only in a urban context. I do know that the BMW X5 is the most commonly repossessed vehicle in the UK and that it screams "poseur".
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond reputedthomas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think soooo, why?

However, depends on the model, and the emissions are better than my smaller car now including more eco!

How much do you know?

I'm open to suggestions though!
George Carlin used to have much to say re the SUV (he called them sun blockers) and the associated SUV consumer mentality:

"I'm telling you the people in this country -- every one is 50 pounds overweight. They are GARGANTUAN. And in the summertime -- God help us -- in the summertime they will all want to wear short pants. Jesus Lord, Protector of All That is Good and Holy, deliver me from fat people in short pants. They all got short pants, big bellies, fat thighs and dumb kids. Short pants, big bellies, fat thighs and dumb kids. Everyone of them has two dumbass kids with them. And the whole family's wearing t-shirts, and everyone of them has got the same t-shirt--"I'm with stupid." Apparently in this country the Stupids are an extended family. Everyone of them in the family has got on a backpack strapped to their back so they can carry around lots of stupid shit. And the reason they got to carry their stupid shit strapped to their back is because their hands have to remain at all times to hold food. Get that food up to the mouth where they can shovel in all the rest of the disgusting shit they ate that day. Another reason for the backpack is these people are gonna buy even more stupid shit. They don't have enough stupid shit at home. They just had a stupid shit sale, they gotta buy more. They're going to have to go out to the parking lot and stuff this stuff in their big, fat, ugly oversized SUV that's got plenty of room in it. Plenty of room in it for stupid shit. And lots of room left over for these big, fat, ugly mother****ers to get them home. Stopping, of course, for jelly rolls and fried dough. These people are efficient professional compulsive consumers. They practice at their art. It's their civic duty, consumption. It's the new national pastime. **** baseball. It's consumption. The only true lasting American value that's left--buying things. Buying things, people spending money they don't have on things they don't need. Money they don't have on things they don't need. So they can max out their credit cards and spend the rest of their lives paying 18 percent interest on something that costs $12.50 and they didn't like it when they got at home anyway.

Not too bright folks. Not too ****ing bright."

. . . and about the ultimate car cult;

Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:59 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I confess to not knowing much about vehicles used only in a urban context. I do know that the BMW X5 is the most commonly repossessed vehicle in the UK and that it screams "poseur".
I thought it screamed 'drug dealer or pimp' (not your kind of pimp). The NA equivalent would surely be a Cadillac Escalade?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.