Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Exporting dogs

Exporting dogs

Old Dec 21st 2017, 3:58 pm
Edmonton arrived

crg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exporting dogs

Hi all,
I'm after a recommendation for someone to export my to dogs to Canada, was trying to deal with airpets but finding them a bit frustrating, From the quotes that weren't received to numerous phone calls and still no quotes or emails, finally found an older quote and paid but no reicept or when my dogs will fly. So after any recommendation to other carriers.
Hopefully I'm in the right area. Please delete if not.

Last edited by crg2704; Dec 21st 2017 at 4:06 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exporting dogs

Try https://www.facebook.com/petairukbased in Dorset or https://www.facebook.com/fetchapet/?fref=ts based in Essex. Both provided feedback within a few hours after requesting a quote online
Old Dec 21st 2017, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Brumbie is an unknown quantity at this point

pet air uk crated, cared for and regular updates, shipped two dawgs to Halifax, I was stressed at this end, she was stressed at that , the dawgs were like wassup?
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

hannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the rough

We used Transfur... they were great!
Old Dec 26th 2017, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sian22040 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can fly the dogs yourself directly through the airline. I know air transit and air Canada do it. We have 3 dogs but the plane only had room for one to come on the flight with us but for that dog it only cost $270 we just had to get rabies jab, pet passport and fit to fly. We also had to buy a crate for him. For the other 2 dogs air Canada have a cargo company they use which was a lot more expensive but we didn’t have a choice although it wasn’t as expensive as the quotes from the main carrier companies.
Phone your airline and see if you can book them on your flight so much cheaper and wasn’t any more difficult
Good luck
Old Dec 27th 2017, 6:31 pm
Edmonton arrived

crg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond reputecrg2704 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies, I look into these in the new year.
Thanks again
Old Dec 28th 2017, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

We just took the dogs with us in crates with Air Canada but made the trip v stressful as they emailed the day before stating they wouldnt take one of our dogs - they thought she was a pug but is a cross so isnt short nosed.
We were quoted $240 per crate but only got charged £60 per dog at heathrow so was cheaper than we thought.
If I was doing it again I would pay the extra to use a firm as it was a huge pain getting the dogs to the airport looking after them then hearing them whining while we went through immigration