Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Experiences Please on Candiaan Affair v Fly Zoom

Wikiposts

Experiences Please on Candiaan Affair v Fly Zoom

Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of
Default Experiences Please on Candiaan Affair v Fly Zoom

Hello can anyone recommend one or the other?

Fly Zoom are coming out more expensive than Canadian Affair for us to fly out in July for a visit yet I thought Fly Zoom were more of a budget airline.

Fly Zoom also will fly via Glasgow whereas the other is a non-stop flight.

Who did you fly with?

Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Experiences Please on Candiaan Affair v Fly Zoom

Originally Posted by Bsidebaby

Fly Zoom are coming out more expensive than Canadian Affair for us to fly out in July for a visit yet I thought Fly Zoom were more of a budget airline.

Who did you fly with?

Thanks
We flew out from manchester to Calgary with zoom last August, the flight was good it cost us $1100 for four of us, we flew back with airtransat for $800 for four of us.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't trust Canadian Affair, flew with My Travel and Thomas Cook numerous times and was lied to by Canadian Affair on the phone. They change flight times a lot and drop flights without letting you know what is going on.

I plan to go on Zoom in September and just want to know if they are baby friendly before I book anything.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 8:38 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I hear Thomas Cook has the best seat pitch on there transatlantic flights FWIW. Canadian affair have been known to drop flights to more out of the way places too.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

For the last 3 years in October, I have booked a flight that leaves Gatwick in the afternoon and each time the flight was cancelled or the time was changed for earlier in the day. Last year they cancelled it and didn't even let me know, they said they sent a letter to me in Canada when I was in the UK, which made sense lol if they had even sent it.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 12:28 pm
Banned

Athome has a spectacular aura aboutAthome has a spectacular aura aboutAthome has a spectacular aura about

Have flown both (Thomas Cook plane with Canadian Affair). If you can get on Canadian Affairs Thomas Cook flights, they are usually a little cheaper for the 36" standard seat pitch they have vs. paying for Premium class to get the same seat pitch with Zoom.

On the other hand paying the extra with Zoom gets you the 30kg., two piece baggage allowance plus drinks included. We checked in 38 and 34 kg. with Zoom premium and they didn't blink an eye. So they excess baggage charges that we might have paid with CA might have made them end up more expensive.

In other words it's a toss up. I opt for comfort and convenience over a small price savings.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

hi!
i think i can speak with some experience here, as everyone on this forum may recall, i made god knows how many journeys to and from canada while we were trying to settle down there, but it never worked out for us i'm afraid!
anyway-back to the question-yes, i thoroughly recommend flyzoom, as most of the time, we travelled with them. they also have a cheaper (if i am not mistaken) upgrade option, which we always took, and that meant greater comfort etc. the normal seating on zoom is really abysmal i have to say--fellow passengers are packed in like sardines!
thats the difference between canadian affair flights, which are via Thomas Cook or Mytravel, both of which offre very good seating, even in economy.
i prefer zoom as it gives you kind of break, as it goes via glasgow, whereas the non-stop flights get damn boring after so many hours! hope that helps you!

Who did you fly with?

Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2006, 11:18 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Who did you fly with?

Thanks
Have never flown Zoom, but have done Canadian Affair, both thomas Cook flight and MY Travel. The TC flight was by far the best, better service still cramped but just felt much better. For our trip December 05 we were changed to a MY Travel flight and it just felt shoddy and had to be the worse food I have ever tasted on a plane. Canadian Affair not only changed the airline but also the times of our flights and didnt even have the courtesy to enclose a note bringing that to our attention when they issued our tickets. So if you book with Canadian Affair make sure you check everything on your ticket when you receive it!! My husband has a habit sometimes of filing things when received and not looking at them till almost the last minute. Even if they change your flight you can do little about it but accept, you get what you pay for!