Experienced plumber from London moving to BC - Advice needed

Wikiposts

Experienced plumber from London moving to BC - Advice needed

Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Tommy2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experienced plumber from London moving to BC - Advice needed

Hello there

I am a 36 year old plumber who has been qualified for 7 years. I have a NVQ level 2&3, City & Guilds, unvented cylinder and gas qualifications.

I am more than serious about moving to either Vancouver or Kelowna.

I have no idea where to start and where to look.

Does anyone know if my qualifications can be transferred over to BC and if not what exams/courses would I need to complete in order for me to work as a plumber.

Any advice or tips would be greatly welcomed.

Cheers
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experienced plumber from London moving to BC - Advice needed

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Have a look at the Skilled Trades program, as you may be eligible for PR via that route.

And look at Red Seal (quick search of the forum or Wiki for info), as that's what will get your qualifications and experience recognised.

Good luck.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Hello there

I am in the process of applying for the Redseal exam in BC and need some advice on study material for the Redseal Plumbing exam.

I have printed off the NOC relating to plumbing and am using the 2012 BC plumbing code ring binder I purchased from Crownpublishing online.

Can anyone suggest any other books or specific online relevant literature to help with my studies?

Many thanks

Tommy
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Has anyone got a canadian 2010 plumbing code book? If so could I buy it from you?

Old Apr 14th 2013, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

You can do this course at BCIT via online. I've not done it. But I will do once I move to Vancouver. I'm also a plumber. Worth contacting them for more info.

http://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/ppgs0220

You have to prove 9630 hours of working in the industry to challenge the Red Seal exam. Basically your qualifications don't mean dick all in Canada.

Last edited by MrHyperPants; Apr 14th 2013 at 7:39 am.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help MrHyper pants

Ill take a look now

Cheers