Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Expat Shield problems

Expat Shield problems

Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

alland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expat Shield problems

Tried downloading Expatshield from the download icon, but it keeps downloading the Hotspotshield program, which will not enable ITVplayer or BBCplayer !

Can't understand what I am doing wrong ?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alland
Tried downloading Expatshield from the download icon, but it keeps downloading the Hotspotshield program, which will not enable ITVplayer or BBCplayer !

Can't understand what I am doing wrong ?
http://expatshield.com/expat-shield-download.php?p=ftp

It should start DM-232.exe which is what your need....

Hope this works for you...
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

alland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
http://expatshield.com/expat-shield-download.php?p=ftp

It should start DM-232.exe which is what your need....

Hope this works for you...
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion, it is appreciated,
I tried the download, but once again it only downloads hotshield which does not open bbc player or itvplayer.

Whatever expatshield download link I click on defaults directly to hotshield !
Old Jun 25th 2011, 8:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I tried this two or three times previously and never got anywhere with it and on one of those occasions things behaved a bit oddly until I uninstalled it all. It was never a big deal as FilmOn used to work well enough and when they began charging for that, FBHost did the job nicely instead.

But that hasn't worked for a while now. Again, there are plenty of alternatives for good quality streaming when I want/need it, but last night I wanted to watch some of the Glastonbury broadcasts live so I had another go at Expat Shield.

This time it seemed to work and I thought I was all set.

It did cause a few minor things to behave differently and my non expatshield use became a bit of a distraction, so I got the techie expert in; Mrs BristolUK. She decided to do a bit of a clean up for me.

After the clean up - which she's done numerous times before - I was unable to access 'Outlook' or anything related to Office. She checked everything, tried reinstalling Office and everything looked as it should but still there was a message saying path does not exist.

Now maybe she did something wrong - but why this time? Maybe something was there that caused what she normally does to produce a different outcome. Maybe it's just a coincidence that something went funny.

But this morning I got up and opened my gmail account to advise a couple of people to use that for the time being. There was a message from gmail warning me that my account had been accessed from Poland.

Mrs BristolUK has long held reservations about things like expat shield, believing them to open computers to things that might cause problems.

Right now it's hard not to think she has a point.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 7:39 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

A girlfriend of mine was talking about these 'Pay' services - are the easy to find in Canada? I hate the idea of moving to an English spacing country and demanding 'proper' English telly - but what the hell...I've lived in France. For the last ten years, I watch both British and French telly and I Want the best of British and French - I can't be bothered with faffing around with the shield as I've tried it and it seems to be ridden with problems and viruses?

Last edited by Sue; Sep 22nd 2011 at 8:08 pm. Reason: Quoted post removed
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 8:25 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
A girlfriend of mine was talking about these 'Pay' services - are the easy to find in Canada? I hate the idea of moving to an English spacing country and demanding 'proper' English telly - but what the hell...I've lived in France. For the last ten years, I watch both British and French telly and I Want the best of British and French - I can't be bothered with faffing around with the shield as I've tried it and it seems to be ridden with problems and viruses?
I use a service from UK which costs $20US monthly. Works very well with little to no disruption. Like you I can't be bothered with rafting around for the want of spending so little each month.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:37 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Auld Yin, Many thanks, I shall tap your brain, if you don't mind, when I arrive next summer! When everything appears to be going bonkers, but you shut your door and can just pop yourself in a corner with something familiar, everything becomes possible - the BBC comfort blanket perhaps?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Bristol - Was that a genuine message from gmail ? are you sure it wasnt a dodgy one
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 10:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
Bristol - Was that a genuine message from gmail ? are you sure it wasnt a dodgy one

It certainly looked like it was genuine. There were some details of the access there.

There was no attempt at trying to sell me any further security or anything to click on, no details asked for. I don't see there was anything to be gained by anyone doing something dodgy like that.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 4:16 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
does anyone watch shameless, new series on channnel 4..i can get bbc and itv, how can i get channel 4?
Channel 4 is very poor for streaming

Also, have firefox and google chrome for browsers. If one didnt work well with Expat the other always did.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 4:53 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Channel 4 is very poor for streaming

Also, have firefox and google chrome for browsers. If one didnt work well with Expat the other always did.
Streams very well for me on Explorer.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Sventare is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how to turn off Expat Shield without uninstalling it?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

right click on the shield (usually bottom right in applications on the screen)if its green and click disconect so the shield is red
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:15 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
does anyone watch shameless, new series on channnel 4..i can get bbc and itv, how can i get channel 4?
http://www.tubeplus.me/player/198111...e_1/Episode_1/

Start it and pause it. Make a cuppa and come back so you dont catch up with progress. Its all depends on you Broadband of course.

Loads of tv on there.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:17 pm
Éireann go Brách

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Streams very well for me on Explorer.
That was when i was back in London with a 2mb speed connection. Now got 15 its HD streaming all the way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.