Exchange rate

Old Jul 8th 2007, 2:22 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by is vic there...
look there's nothing to understand....there is no logic..dealers want a certain currency up and then down,they use economic data as a front when they want to....too many people on the forum are worried about a few cents here and there....if you are worried about the the odd $10,000 or so then you have a problem....
Great first post
Old Jul 8th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Great first post
He probably didn't get any this morning, um, actually neither did I
Danny, you've had a hair cut!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 2:31 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
He probably didn't get any this morning, um, actually neither did I
Danny, you've had a hair cut!
Yeah well I know the feeling, my Wife is still in the UK until the 19th so I am feeling the same

I thought I'd give the Lion a rest and bring out the Gimp.

When are you arriving for your recce trip? Must be soon now.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah well I know the feeling, my Wife is still in the UK until the 19th so I am feeling the same

I thought I'd give the Lion a rest and bring out the Gimp.

When are you arriving for your recce trip? Must be soon now.
Well at least you've got a promise for the 19th...

The hair made you look gay, oops was that not PC?

Me and my good wife (the bad one's upstairs) wil be over this Tuesday to Ottawa. However, the weather looks crap for the coming week, with Thursday, the day we'll be going round with the realtor, the worst day, 80% chance of rain:curse:
The weather where you are looks pretty good, maybe we've made a mistake
Nice vehicle you have there by the way...how old and what was the price?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:31 pm
Tea Drinker

Well at least you've got a promise for the 19th...

The hair made you look gay, oops was that not PC?

Me and my good wife (the bad one's upstairs) wil be over this Tuesday to Ottawa. However, the weather looks crap for the coming week, with Thursday, the day we'll be going round with the realtor, the worst day, 80% chance of rain:curse:
The weather where you are looks pretty good, maybe we've made a mistake
Nice vehicle you have there by the way...how old and what was the price?
Kamloops was boiling on Thursday, 38c apparently.
The Chevrolet was $30k including 13% taxes, it's a 2004 with 39k miles. Drives nice, bitch to park though, guess I'll get used to the size eventually.
Cost me $104 to fill up yesterday

Good luck for next week, what happens if you don't fall in love with Ottawa?
You gonna be my neighbour again?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kamloops was boiling on Thursday, 38c apparently.
The Chevrolet was $30k including 13% taxes, it's a 2004 with 39k miles. Drives nice, bitch to park though, guess I'll get used to the size eventually.
Cost me $104 to fill up yesterday

Good luck for next week, what happens if you don't fall in love with Ottawa?
You gonna be my neighbour again?
38c, phew, couldn't work in those temperatures, just work in the winter maybe.

$30,000 We got that much down for 2 cars, well, $40,000.
Good grief, $140! How big is the tank for christ's sake!

Been to Ottawa before and liked it, but we didn't go out into the suburbs which we'll be doing this time. Also wife has a job interview there on Friday so that may be the deciding factor, mind you the same people have places in Halifax and Vancouver so maybe we will be neighbours in the end
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:01 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

look there's nothing to understand....there is no logic..dealers want a certain currency up and then down,they use economic data as a front when they want to....too many people on the forum are worried about a few cents here and there....if you are worried about the the odd $10,000 or so then you have a problem....
this has got to be an attempt to bite, surely no one is really this arrogant.
if you are being serious and 10k is nothing to you i will forward on my banking details, feel free to throw some in there.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

The 'odd' $10,000???
So if you lost $10,000 on the street you would consider yourself having a problem if you worried about it? You must be loaded!
How can you lose something you never had?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

is vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really nice

Originally Posted by rae
this has got to be an attempt to bite, surely no one is really this arrogant.
if you are being serious and 10k is nothing to you i will forward on my banking details, feel free to throw some in there.
no arrogance...we are talking CAD... not sterling....we are are comfortable,not rich....but canada isn't cheap,we have left property elsewhere and live off investment,but judging by this thread many people are worried about a few cents on the exchange,if money is that tight then they will be in for a shock when they get here...be prepared.....we return to the uk on aregular basis...and find always the uk is cheaper....so people,watch out
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:31 pm
Tea Drinker

no arrogance...we are talking CAD... not sterling....we are are comfortable,not rich....but canada isn't cheap,we have left property elsewhere and live off investment,but judging by this thread many people are worried about a few cents on the exchange,if money is that tight then they will be in for a shock when they get here...be prepared.....we return to the uk on aregular basis...and find always the uk is cheaper....so people,watch out
Yes I agree grocery shopping is considerably more expensive over here, eating out, cars, petrol, and houses are not though.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:16 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

oh thats ok then, $10,000 not £10,000, silly me, mere loose change old boy. don't get me wrong, you are clearly successful and have some cash, good for you, just realise that not all of us have the disposal funds you have or the flagrant disregard for what is a lot of money in either currency.
your comment was not about canada being expensive in some areas, i don't think anyone would dispute that, it concerned people worried about the exchange rate, which quite rightly we are, because when its your life savings, every cent counts, i would have thought that was blindingly obvious.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:55 am
Just Joined

is vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really niceis vic there... is just really nice

Originally Posted by rae
oh thats ok then, $10,000 not £10,000, silly me, mere loose change old boy. don't get me wrong, you are clearly successful and have some cash, good for you, just realise that not all of us have the disposal funds you have or the flagrant disregard for what is a lot of money in either currency.
your comment was not about canada being expensive in some areas, i don't think anyone would dispute that, it concerned people worried about the exchange rate, which quite rightly we are, because when its your life savings, every cent counts, i would have thought that was blindingly obvious.
oops...sorry,no harm meant.....5 day moving average trending down again....yiks !
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

That's the whole effing point! We HAVE done our homework, we know how much things cost! That's WHY we worry about every cent that drops to the pound. A quarter of million quid going over at $2.20 as apposed to $2.00 is a f%^king great pile of money, It isn't LOST because as Biiiiink rightly says we haven't had it, but in a perverse sense we have, one day we have $600,000 to take, the next it's $500,000, so that difference will change from 'We won't have to worry about money" to "Oh christ! How will we manage!" We can't plan the move with any sense of financial control. Remember many of us are going out there without jobs, without somewhere to live, with young children to look after, and have had years of fairly comfortable lives, we're taking a huge gamble with our future. And before any of you over there say with that turn of the head and the smug look you sometimes give, "Well you don't HAVE to come over here, we're not making you do it".
Try walking in our shoes, because you've obviously forgotten what it felt like when you went over.

No, I don't have a quarter of a million quid to bring over, I wish. It was to make a point.

Hey I haven't been this mad over anything for years, I feel quite good

Last edited by steve666; Jul 9th 2007 at 7:46 am. Reason: Ironing out all of the spelling mistakes on account of the erratic typing, mind moving faster than my fingers.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Well said Steve666. I couldn't have put it better myself!!!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:47 am
Just Joined

That's the whole effing point! We HAVE done our homework, we know how much things cost! That's WHY we worry about every cent that drops to the pound. A quarter of million quid going over at $2.20 as apposed to $2.00 is a f%^king great pile of money, It isn't LOST because as Biiiiink rightly says we haven't had it, but in a perverse sense we have, one day we have $600,000 to take, the next it's $500,000, so that difference will change from 'We won't have to worry about money" to "Oh christ! How will we manage!" We can't plan the move with any sense of financial control. Remember many of us are going out there without jobs, without somewhere to live, with young children to look after, and have had years of fairly comfortable lives, we're taking a huge gamble with our future. And before any of you over there say with that turn of the head and the smug look you sometimes give, "Well you don't HAVE to come over here, we're not making you do it".
Try walking in our shoes, because you've obviously forgotten what it felt like when you went over.

No, I don't have a quarter of a million quid to bring over, I wish. It was to make a point.

Hey I haven't been this mad over anything for years, I feel quite good
....believe me 250,000 quid is not enough...i came here to retire,left a v good job in london and brought over alot more than that and it is just enough,even leaving investments at home..i'm probably your age (43)...i'm saying why come if you haven't got enough cash anyway....why make life hard.....life is for living,not just existing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.