Exchange rate

Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Exchange rate

See your point for your circumstances. The rate has trended slightly higher today. I could probably get 1.93 from Halo today but its still looking very volatile. I have £15k to bring over but we dont need it so we are leaving it alone unless we get back to 2.

Just as an aside have you tried to open a Canadian account? We use Community Savings here in Alberta and they opened an account without us being present.

Cheers
Tom
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:02 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps it's time to start checking ebay for any 2nd hand crystal balls?!

Yea I've researched various banks and accounts etc and provisionally decided upon Presidents Choice for a simple chequeing (sp?) account. Sent off an email and they are very helpful but basically told I should wait till I arrive. Plus I'll have no where to live in Toronto so providing a proper address would be tricky! It's all a bit of a 'wing & a prayer' set up admittedly, but what the hell.

Now if the rate could be 2.00 for just one day, I promise I wouldn't tell anyone.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

$1.98 we are up to today guys.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

That's great new getting nervous now thats up 10 cents in a week! Trade or not to trade that is the question!!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:24 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by scottymallo
That's great new getting nervous now thats up 10 cents in a week! Trade or not to trade that is the question!!
We decide to trade, we've been thinking about it the last couple of days. Just got 1.95 on £7,000 with HiFX - the rate shown on xe.com at the time was 1.975. Not sure if this was good or not, I was hoping for 1.96. But after seeing the xe.com rate at 1.86 not so long ago I was happy with that. Before trading I checked BBC and the £GBP was down against most currencies, with the exception of the Canadian dollar, so it's not like our economy is picking up.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
We decide to trade, we've been thinking about it the last couple of days. Just got 1.95 on £7,000 with HiFX - the rate shown on xe.com at the time was 1.975. Not sure if this was good or not, I was hoping for 1.96. But after seeing the xe.com rate at 1.86 not so long ago I was happy with that. Before trading I checked BBC and the £GBP was down against most currencies, with the exception of the Canadian dollar, so it's not like our economy is picking up.
Good choice i'd say i ve just been quoted 1.958 by HSBC on £5000. I'l go for that then if it goes up further tomorrow will trade the lot. I got £2000 last week for 1.89, so i cannot complain at the rate today! I cannot see it going much higher myself!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:53 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Good choice i'd say i ve just been quoted 1.958 by HSBC on £5000. I'l go for that then if it goes up further tomorrow will trade the lot. I got £2000 last week for 1.89, so i cannot complain at the rate today! I cannot see it going much higher myself!
Sounds good. I don't have any more money to transfer at the moment, so I'm going to try to stop looking at the exchange rate - I get obsessed, and if it goes up further I'll just kick myself.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm the same i ve just confirmed at 1.96 so well happy with that it's only £20 per £1000 from the target of $2 -£1 i can live with that! Best not to worry now im sure it will never get back to the $2.30 - £1 days!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:07 pm
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

$1.99,23 now !
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Best not to worry now im sure it will never get back to the $2.30 - £1 days!
Don't bet on it. We're returning to the UK and with my financial record it will probably be back to over 2.50 by the time we sell our house in Canada
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loser40
$1.99,23 now !
It's just broken the 2.0 barrier!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:27 pm
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

Oooh, err...

According to xe.com it's just hit $2.00,06.

If it stays there is another matter.

OPEC are meeting soon and they want to cap production so oil prices hover between $80/90US a barrel - I'm unsure how this will effect Manitoba's and Canada's economy... not much if the proposed OPEC prices come into play I suspect.

The Canadian dollar historically falls at the years end 'cos of the reduction in tourism in winter & the 1st quarter.

I have a feeling it may go higher yet.

M.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Don't bet on it. We're returning to the UK and with my financial record it will probably be back to over 2.50 by the time we sell our house in Canada
Oooh good, when are you moving!!

Just joking, good luck. Can't you "buy" some sterling now.... book a rate?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

vegasrockstar will become famous soon enoughvegasrockstar will become famous soon enough

2.0175 now - unbelievable! Let's hope it's stays up there for at least a few weeks!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
Oooh good, when are you moving!!

Just joking, good luck. Can't you "buy" some sterling now.... book a rate?
Unfortunately all our dosh is tied up in the house. And we can't see that selling any time soon now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.