Exchange rate

Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

keefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant future
Default Re: Exchange rate

I also notice UkFOREX as an advertiser on here except never seen anyone comment / use them yet?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:32 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by keefrto
I also notice UkFOREX as an advertiser on here except never seen anyone comment / use them yet?
Yep i used them, they are very convienient as all dealings can be done online, but i have found them a bit slow. I also used moneycorp, they were very very quick. We did a chaps payment to moneycorp and it was in my canadian account next day.

Regards

Steve
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

saskia07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

This thread makes fascinating reading. I've been watching the exchange rate rollercoaster from the UK, and it's volatile times alright. Think I'll be holding on to my sterling for a while yet.
I'm trying to get a grip on what the housing market's likely to do in BC in the next 12 months, and take a punt on when's the best time to buy. From my recent trip, prices in the Okanagan don't appear to have been impacted, and they are certainly well up on my previous trips. Will be interesting to see what an economic slowdown will do to the housing market. House builds in Kelowna are still on the up, but I think sales this month were slightly less bouyant than previously.

Life's a lotto!
Thanks for the tips on forex providers too.

Sas
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have decided to get £5k changed as cash then look at Customs House for at least £15k, anyone recently used them as I am a first timer here?
As you can see I used them. I got a much better rate than HSBC offered. I put money into their UK account one evening, it was confirmed in the account the next morning by CH. They discussed when to change, but I couldn't wait as I was buying a car! The money was in my Canada account less than an hour after we agreed a rate (I think that's because both accounts were HSBC).

I found them very helpful.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:51 pm

KRoss is an unknown quantity at this point

We always use
www.xchangebusiness.co.uk, Edinburgh company, always great quick service.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

keefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant futurekeefrto has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by geedee
As you can see I used them. I got a much better rate than HSBC offered. I put money into their UK account one evening, it was confirmed in the account the next morning by CH. They discussed when to change, but I couldn't wait as I was buying a car! The money was in my Canada account less than an hour after we agreed a rate (I think that's because both accounts were HSBC).

I found them very helpful.

Hope this helps.
cheers for that, I have seen a few expats comment positivley on them, how easy was it to get an account? Did you call them or email
ta
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KRoss
We always use
www.xchangebusiness.co.uk, Edinburgh company, always great quick service.
ta very much will take a look tonight at work, were they easy to get a hold of, decent rate?
ta
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steved61
Yep i used them, they are very convienient as all dealings can be done online, but i have found them a bit slow. I also used moneycorp, they were very very quick. We did a chaps payment to moneycorp and it was in my canadian account next day.

Regards

Steve
Looking at the various companies, is there one that charges too much??
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:31 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Looking at the various companies, is there one that charges too much??
None directly charge,they make their money on the exchange, it is a case of phoning around, that is the benefit of UKforex in the fact that you can get live quotations on rates online, don't know if any other companies offer that. I have found there rates competitive with other companies, but it is a case of seeing what is out there.

Regards

Steve
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for that, I have seen a few expats comment positivley on them, how easy was it to get an account? Did you call them or email
ta
I emailed. They sent me a form to fill in (basic stuff). They need passport copy, bank account details and I think that was it. All done on e-mail.

They then send you details of their account (Barclays in London) and you are free to drop money in there whenever you like. Make sure you put an identifier with it so they know it's yours! Once in there, it sits there until you agree a deal.... and they do it straight away.

The big thing was I found them friendly and helpful, even though dealing with relatively small amounts.

As for who to choose, phone a few round at about the same time and ask them for a quote (ie what would you give me now?) and compare.

Good luck whatever you choose.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:02 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

I emailed. They sent me a form to fill in (basic stuff). They need passport copy, bank account details and I think that was it. All done on e-mail.

They then send you details of their account (Barclays in London) and you are free to drop money in there whenever you like. Make sure you put an identifier with it so they know it's yours! Once in there, it sits there until you agree a deal.... and they do it straight away.

The big thing was I found them friendly and helpful, even though dealing with relatively small amounts.

As for who to choose, phone a few round at about the same time and ask them for a quote (ie what would you give me now?) and compare.

Good luck whatever you choose.
What's the bottom limit these people deign to deal with? Assumed it was all house sale proceeds etc.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by windward
What's the bottom limit these people deign to deal with? Assumed it was all house sale proceeds etc.
I don't know to be honest. I did discuss changing 1000 pounds at first, and they didn't bat an eyelid.

I think what happens is that they will change any amount, even a pound, but the rate of exchange will change with it. The more you change, the better the rate.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any company I can send a cheque to from Canada, drawn on my UK bank account, and then have them transfer that to me here? The few I've looked at want direct bank transfers, which are obviously difficult to do from the other side of the Atlantic.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MarkG
Is there any company I can send a cheque to from Canada, drawn on my UK bank account, and then have them transfer that to me here? The few I've looked at want direct bank transfers, which are obviously difficult to do from the other side of the Atlantic.
It's late. I don't understand the question!

Why is a direct bank transfer hard? use CHAPS or SWIFT.... I did it on the phone, but could have done it on the internet.... there is a fee of about twenty quid to do it....
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Why is a direct bank transfer hard? use CHAPS or SWIFT....
No Internet banking on that account and I can't see them being too happy about transferring 20,000+ pounds out of it with a phone call (given I've had to take photo ID into the branch with me to do that before in the UK).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.