Exchange rate

Old May 30th 2007, 1:04 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Down to $2.11
Old May 30th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Danny B
Hi
Just returned to 2.12
Old May 30th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eastbound
Hi
Just returned to 2.12
KEEP GOING!!! KEEP GOING!!!
Old May 31st 2007, 1:26 pm
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The TWs
KEEP GOING!!! KEEP GOING!!!
d'oh, down again - $2.11
Old May 31st 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

AAAHHH!! It's dropped to $1.57!!!!

Just kiddin.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve666
AAAHHH!! It's dropped to $1.57!!!!

Just kiddin.
Think my heart stopped for a minute there!
Old May 31st 2007, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

deangb is an unknown quantity at this point

that evil Steve - pure evil!!!!!
Old May 31st 2007, 3:13 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

My May pay hit my bank account yesterday. Ouch.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:09 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Call me a pessimist but I can't see it going back up to $2.30 again this year, it's currently down to $2.11 and seems to be dropping 1c every few days.

Would another BOE interest rate rise help or worsen the situation?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll settle for $2.20!!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:13 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

I remember when I went holiday there couple years ago and its was over 2.3
Now I am moving there and its only around 2.1 I am only gonna take 5k with me as I have job out there lined up. Will take risk and wait till next January next year to tranfer rest in hope exchange rate will be better.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Would another BOE interest rate rise help
I would say it would probably help as I don't think another rise is necessarily "priced in" to the exchange rate at present, there are some indications inflation is slowing.

What it might not help, of course, is the sale of your property (if you're doing so).
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
I would say it would probably help as I don't think another rise is necessarily "priced in" to the exchange rate at present, there are some indications inflation is slowing.

What it might not help, of course, is the sale of your property (if you're doing so).
One more hike from BOE is fully priced into the market. Everyone is sitting on the fence after that. All the press about housing market about to crash hasn't helped the exchange rate, as BOE would then be under pressure to reverse hikes and quickly. Also, Bank of Canada's Dodge made some very upbeat comments about Canadian Economy last week. More hikes look to be on the horizon there, and no sign of any talk of a cut.

Chris
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Damn exchange rate, i knew it would go against me.
Had to exchange some yesterday and got 2.098 from HiFX.

Should have done it on the same day as the house sale completed as it was higher, then the bloody bank holiday weekend got in the way.
Have now agreed a forward contract for the rest of our money in 3 months or sooner and put it in an interest account for now.:curse:
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:15 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

CIBC today predicted parity with the US$ by the end of this year.

For what that's worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.