Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

exchange electrical qualifications to canadian

exchange electrical qualifications to canadian

Old May 13th 2012, 1:03 am
Just Joined

ianroberts223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default exchange electrical qualifications to canadian

morning all , im an electrician in england & have been in canada for 3 months now i was wondering how i can change my english electrical qualifications to canadian ones ?
Old May 13th 2012, 3:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: exchange electrical qualifications to canadian

http://www.red-seal.ca/[email protected]?lang=eng

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/con...eng.do?cid=223

Old May 18th 2012, 2:42 am
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ianroberts223
morning all , im an electrician in england & have been in canada for 3 months now i was wondering how i can change my english electrical qualifications to canadian ones ?
Contact your apprenticeship branch in the province you recide and they will have to evaluate your foreign credentials. If acceptable, you will then be eligible to challenge the interprovincial exam for Electrician.
Based on your experience, there are 2 paths, Industrial and Construction, (Industrial is for maintainers, troubleshooters in manufacturing or mining sector etc).

Darren
Old May 18th 2012, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

This looks good.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-cons...AdIdZ380739371
Old May 18th 2012, 5:29 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scimdarren
Contact your apprenticeship branch in the province you recide and they will have to evaluate your foreign credentials. If acceptable, you will then be eligible to challenge the interprovincial exam for Electrician.
Based on your experience, there are 2 paths, Industrial and Construction, (Industrial is for maintainers, troubleshooters in manufacturing or mining sector etc).

Darren
If you have 9000 hours of work experience you can challenge the provincial exam which is endorsed by red seal. If you don't have 9000 hours you can prove, you have to re qualify and any provable hours may be accepted. Evaluation is not based on credentials, but hours or provable experience.

To prove experience, letters from employers, pay slips etc. are usually accepted.
Old May 18th 2012, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Jjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
If only there was one for plumbers
Old May 18th 2012, 6:44 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jjuk26canada
If only there was one for plumbers
It is the same for plumbers and every other red seal trade. You don't need to pay some training business for it. Contact the provincial training authority.
Old May 18th 2012, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Jjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Aviator
It is the same for plumbers and every other red seal trade. You don't need to pay some training business for it. Contact the provincial training authority.
No i meant the 8 day refresher course, im just waiting for SAIT to get back to me about the plumbing course, just to bring me up to scratch, hopefully i wil pass the exam then, i have all the proof of hours ect.

Jason