Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Excessive passport inspection at YYZ?

Wikiposts

Excessive passport inspection at YYZ?

Old Sep 7th 2014, 8:04 pm
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Excessive passport inspection at YYZ?

Originally Posted by Gozit
?
And what happened between the 90s and now? Specifically on 11/9/2001? Although even when you think about it, people coming OFF the plane have already been inspected and should be alright so even then it is questioned... But it is the paranoia that that particular incident created, which was perpetuated and greatly exaggerated (still is to this day) by the americans, and Canada being their neighbour, we have somewhat adopted this paranoia as well. FWIW European border officers are a lot less intimidating to me than Canadian or especially US ones.

BUT, i'd rather everything be "over-secure" than under-secure.
I realize that. I was harking back to more innocent times. I'd prefer more efficient security than over-zealous security.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 11:57 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandro
I realize that. I was harking back to more innocent times. I'd prefer more efficient security than over-zealous security.
which usually means some kind of profiling with all the inherent problems that creates.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Its a lose-lose either way.