Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ex-Military making the move?

Ex-Military making the move?

Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ex-Military making the move?

Who did you get to do the translation? Was it pricey?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by debbiem
Who did you get to do the translation? Was it pricey?
Was this post for me...
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Was this post for me...
oops, sorry, yes, my quote thingy didn't appear!
It tells me everywhere that it has to be translated into either english or french, but I can't see if it has to be by a registered translation organisation etc...
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by debbiem
oops, sorry, yes, my quote thingy didn't appear!
It tells me everywhere that it has to be translated into either english or french, but I can't see if it has to be by a registered translation organisation etc...
Hi Debbiem,

Sorry but I have not got my German Police checks translated as of yet. If they are now out of date which they prob are (May 2008) then I'll need new ones so will have to try and get that sorted when I Canada I suppose. Hope the PEI office could help me when there.

Thanks Dave
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pension Form 1

Glasgow are just class aint they. You get your leavers pack - which I had to phone up for - and in it the idiots guide to follow for things you have to do before leaving, like de-kit, hand back you SFA, hand in your ID card OH and:

"Send off your AFPS Form 1 in good time to enable us to action it"

More like "SO WE CAN F*****G LOSE IT"

Sent mine by Recorded 02 Feb 09 - Nearly 3 months before discharge date and still lost it!!!!

What a bunch of useless tossers & would you believe the JPAC operator

"Can you fax it up as we have a good record of losing those forms so it could be anywhere"

Faxed it up am today. Called 1500 "Could you confirm you recieved my fax please"

"I'll have to email the other department and they will call you back within 7 - 10 days" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT..........:curse::curse: 7 - 10 F*****G days to check your fax machine.

They seemed a bit shocked when I asked for the complaints address & email & fax number.

Rant Over.... Sorry.

Just thought I'd let you know to chase these Toss Pots if you have sent in your form and had no reciept & been away on resettlement like me.

TA Dave
Old Apr 10th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

bielbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marcustandy
For those waiting for some more info on the pension/gratuity/tax issue - standby!

I was at Sandown today (Emigrate show) and was speaking with a very helpful (pensions type) chap. Hopefully some good news to follow!!
Any news yet? I think I spoke to the same person at the show, I have since had an email from him, I replied and explained the situation again but he is yet to get back to me.

Does anyone have any good ideas for getting your monthly army pension over to Canada, is it best to get it taxed in UK then move it over monthly / annually? Or can you get it payed into then taxed in Canada?

Any suggestions appreciated
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:19 am
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bielbs
Any news yet?
Sorry I haven't come back with the info I was hoping for/expecting.

I have been concentrating on plans other than Canada, what with the LMO difficulties etc etc. For us the Canada plan is drifting away it seems . . . . . . .
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear that your having difficulties, hope that it all works out for you.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

Hello, regarding military pensions, I asked a question on another site and one of the replies was that you can get half your pension paid out straight away and the other half has to be invested for 2 years then it's yours, any one know if this is true? I was looking to commute my pension, but I had never heard of the other option, new pension scheme only?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:14 pm
Banned

Clancythedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Marcus,

I was at the Emigration show speaking to you...sorry I didn't respond, but I never received an email from you after the initial one I sent out and the follow-up? PM me and we can figure it out.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_REME
Fill in the application, fire it off to CFRG and if they think you have skills they need, they will offer you a job. You then need to get through the immigration process, probably as a skilled worker, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigrate/index.asp.

Come on over and join the happy gang (well the pongos like me are happy) 21+ years in REME, now reg force EME Branch.

Rob
Rob

Would like to pick you brain via PM with reference to the above. I am serving REME hoping to follow in your footsteps. Please check your inbox.

Cheers
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

tinyteds is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Im sorry to jump in here but i am wondering if any of you military folkes could help me (im sorry if you have already went over this on this thread)?
My dillema is that i am an ex-wife of ex-army and i am at a complete loss as to how to get the relevent info required for police checks overseas (more specifically Hong Kong!). They ask for a lot of info that i dont/have never had ie, ID numbers ect. I have been in touch with dissclosures but all they could do was provide me with a letter stating what i already know!!! I'm not sure what to do because obviously i need to get the check done! How did you all manage to get through this hurdle?
Thanks and sorry for invading the thread!!!
Amanda
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tinyteds
Hi
Im sorry to jump in here but i am wondering if any of you military folkes could help me (im sorry if you have already went over this on this thread)?
My dillema is that i am an ex-wife of ex-army and i am at a complete loss as to how to get the relevent info required for police checks overseas (more specifically Hong Kong!). They ask for a lot of info that i dont/have never had ie, ID numbers ect. I have been in touch with dissclosures but all they could do was provide me with a letter stating what i already know!!! I'm not sure what to do because obviously i need to get the check done! How did you all manage to get through this hurdle?
Thanks and sorry for invading the thread!!!
Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Have you tried here:

http://www.police.gov.hk/hkp-home/en...index.htm#cncc

if not what about the RMP's not sure if they hold criminal checks for spouses, possibly as I know spouses can be tried by court marshal (seen it done) so they might be able to help as well.

You say they ask for specific information. What is it they are asking for exactly? You said I.D Numbers.....??? Is this your ex's Regt Number or something else.

If you can provide more detailed info as to what you require it might make things easier to help.

Cheers Dave

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Apr 24th 2009 at 7:37 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joepublic
Rob

Would like to pick you brain via PM with reference to the above. I am serving REME hoping to follow in your footsteps. Please check your inbox.

Cheers
Once you've checked your inbox you'll find it completely empty...lol!

The wonderful system won't let me PM you until I have made 3 posts. This is number 2 of 3 if my maths serves me right.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by joepublic
Once you've checked your inbox you'll find it completely empty...lol!

The wonderful system won't let me PM you until I have made 3 posts. This is number 2 of 3 if my maths serves me right.
Hi,

Say Hi and thats yer 3rd....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.