Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ex-Military making the move?

Ex-Military making the move?

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice
Default Re: Ex-Military making the move?

Will get the JHQ lady's details tomorrow (hopefully) am getting sponsored by the wife (canadian citizen), so researching the whole process, forms etc, had a look at the CIC website but if anyone who has been through the process could give any good pointers would be very much appreciated, cheers
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Marc
No these were not truckers but were the stalls at Emigrate show in Edinburgh. Obviously they want you to go as they will act as your immigration consultant or realtor etc so its in there own interest for you to go. I made them think I was on popstar wages and was loaded so cash wasnt an issue! Every one I spoke to all gave the same indication trucking are not hiring at this time, some even knew about my resettlement and gave me a few options as to re train, wife goes to study I apply for a TWP etc, they were not interested in trucking, with the exception of PEI who had a leaflet for one firm, I am sure you will see it when you go to Sanddown. If you have an offer on the table then I wouldnt worry. I just get the feeling that there will be little movement now until the end of the year when things will start to move again, well at least in trucking. So I am using my resetlement for a trade type course with a view to use that to gain TWP and then take it from there! If I can get truck driving great, but I am not putting all my eggs in on basket!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

It's just over 20 years since I left the employ of HM Queen & Co. but would also be interested of the lady's details at JHQ. We are moving over, hopefully in the next few months on TWP but plan to go for AINP or PNP as soon as we can.

Kev
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

For German Police checks you can do it yourself by following the instructions outlined in the link below.

Totaly painless just filled in the form took it the German Honary Counsil in Southampton asked him to sign it paid him his fee posted the application including and the second fee for the Germans to proccess the application and it all came back in expected German efficiant ultra fast time to my home address:

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretun...te__Seite.html
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
For German Police checks you can do it yourself by following the instructions outlined in the link below.

Totaly painless just filled in the form took it the German Honary Counsil in Southampton asked him to sign it paid him his fee posted the application including and the second fee for the Germans to proccess the application and it all came back in expected German efficiant ultra fast time to my home address:

Thanks for that but I had looked into it before we applied for TWP and were going to do just that through the Consulate in Edinburgh.

Don't need the German police checks for TWP so we will only need them when it comes to AINP/PR application time. We will be in Canada then so it would be easier to sort through JHQ rather than trying to find a German Public Notary as the Embassy is in Ottowa and there is a mission in Montreal, no mention of anything in the west of Canada.
I will have another read of the German Embassy website as it might be possible to have the form validated by a Canadian Notary and then sent to the Embassy.

Kev
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trophy
Thanks for that but I had looked into it before we applied for TWP and were going to do just that through the Consulate in Edinburgh.

Don't need the German police checks for TWP so we will only need them when it comes to AINP/PR application time. We will be in Canada then so it would be easier to sort through JHQ rather than trying to find a German Public Notary as the Embassy is in Ottowa and there is a mission in Montreal, no mention of anything in the west of Canada.
I will have another read of the German Embassy website as it might be possible to have the form validated by a Canadian Notary and then sent to the Embassy.

Kev
No Prob.

I got ours done as I was told they should still be valid by the time we apply for PR as we would not have lived in Germany again since being in reciept of the police checks so I just went ahead and got them done.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was only the most recent country you had resided in they need to be current for........Anybody ?????

German Missions in Canada:

http://www.vancouver.diplo.de/Vertre...20CONSULS.html

http://www.vancouver.diplo.de

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Feb 23rd 2009 at 5:14 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, there's an Honorary Consul in Edmonton, definitely do-able from Red Deer.

Not sure on the validity issue, it's just that every other form for CIC seems to have a life of only 6 months, need somebody to confirm either way I think.

Thanks again,

Kev
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that, there's an Honorary Consul in Edmonton, definitely do-able from Red Deer.

Not sure on the validity issue, it's just that every other form for CIC seems to have a life of only 6 months, need somebody to confirm either way I think.

Thanks again,

Kev
Going to Sandown at week end so someone there should know.

Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:32 am
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

For those waiting for some more info on the pension/gratuity/tax issue - standby!

I was at Sandown today (Emigrate show) and was speaking with a very helpful (pensions type) chap. Hopefully some good news to follow!!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marcustandy
For those waiting for some more info on the pension/gratuity/tax issue - standby!

I was at Sandown today (Emigrate show) and was speaking with a very helpful (pensions type) chap. Hopefully some good news to follow!!
Glad you made it back..

Pity we didn't manage to meet up but good news you managed to get things sorted you wanted to, will look forward to the info.

Cheers Dave
Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again,

Kev
when first applying for PR police certs must be less than 3 months old doesnt matter when you last lived in a particular country

we have just got away with a cypriot police cert that was 4 months old though even though not lived there for 19 years

just to note cyprus take and age with police certs so apply in plenty of time

Good luck
all
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC

when you say 'ultra fast time'... can you be more specific lol? Are we talking days or weeks?

We've just got our 90 day dated 6 Feb, and the agent wants the updated froms and docs back in, erm, 7 days...

Not that I'm flapping or anything...

and on a slightly odd note, I assume normal UK police checks cover the Falklands? or do I have to pop to Stanley and sign in blood, witnessed by a penguin?

...wasn't expecting it to be quite so fast lol.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:38 am
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by debbiem
and on a slightly odd note, I assume normal UK police checks cover the Falklands? or do I have to pop to Stanley and sign in blood, witnessed by a penguin?
The Falklands Islands are covered by Devon & Cornwall Police so the UK check should be fine.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by marcustandy
The Falklands Islands are covered by Devon & Cornwall Police so the UK check should be fine.
you learn something every day...
Thanks! (crosses one job off list)
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by debbiem
when you say 'ultra fast time'... can you be more specific lol? Are we talking days or weeks?

We've just got our 90 day dated 6 Feb, and the agent wants the updated froms and docs back in, erm, 7 days...

Not that I'm flapping or anything...

...wasn't expecting it to be quite so fast lol.
I'd have to check to see if I have the dates but it was about 2 weeks as I remember thinking that was quick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.