Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:27 pm
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Talking English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

Hi all the local pub down the road from me in Rye, East Sussex has just got a web cam installed (needs putting straight-you'll see what I mean) and if you wanted to remember what a real English pub looks like follow the link... the Barrel you see on the Bar is a cider from local town Battle (yes the one where the Battle of Hastings happened) and it is somewhere between 7.5% and 9% depends upon the apples and is hard to gain a true %.... but drinkin it you can tell :scared: ...... well I've been to "British Pubs" in Winnipeg and they can't match this place... building was built originally in 1486 i think.... so it's dark oak beams...low ceilings... open fires... noisy... and they sell Cider that does not require a re-mortgage for a pint. (eg. Strongbow in Canada). but I still LOVE Winnipeg.... I will not be leaving once I arrive.

http://mayorcam.mine.nu/javascript/index.html click on live stream for a moving version of the pub...lol
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:05 pm
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Smile Re: English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

Has anyone been to look? is funny to see the locals drinking there...lol
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

yeah i just had a look, wonder if that bloke at the bar realises he's broadcast live to the nation!

Jo
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:38 pm
Loving my life..

Talking Re: English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

Originally Posted by joelsa
yeah i just had a look, wonder if that bloke at the bar realises he's broadcast live to the nation!

Jo
yes he does and he's called Alister !!!

I texted him before to tell him he was online to the WORLD... he waved...LOL
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DanielH
yes he does and he's called Alister !!!

I texted him before to tell him he was online to the WORLD... he waved...LOL
hehe what a great idea...be sure and tell Alistair I can see him here...lol ohh how I miss the real english pubs...
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:00 am
Loving my life..

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hehe what a great idea...be sure and tell Alistair I can see him here...lol ohh how I miss the real english pubs...
I will be sure to tell him.... thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:26 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Hi all the local pub down the road from me in Rye, East Sussex has just got a web cam installed (needs putting straight-you'll see what I mean) and if you wanted to remember what a real English pub looks like follow the link... the Barrel you see on the Bar is a cider from local town Battle (yes the one where the Battle of Hastings happened) and it is somewhere between 7.5% and 9% depends upon the apples and is hard to gain a true %.... but drinkin it you can tell :scared: ...... well I've been to "British Pubs" in Winnipeg and they can't match this place... building was built originally in 1486 i think.... so it's dark oak beams...low ceilings... open fires... noisy... and they sell Cider that does not require a re-mortgage for a pint. (eg. Strongbow in Canada). but I still LOVE Winnipeg.... I will not be leaving once I arrive.

http://mayorcam.mine.nu/javascript/index.html click on live stream for a moving version of the pub...lol
Thats interesting, we just moved from hastings to Nova Scotia in october. I used to work in rye for 'Bournes', so I bet I would recognise a few faces.........Tony.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:31 am
Loving my life..

Originally Posted by Happydayz
Thats interesting, we just moved from hastings to Nova Scotia in october. I used to work in rye for 'Bournes', so I bet I would recognise a few faces.........Tony.

Well hello... I know of Bournes/UTS down Rye harbour.... small world eh?How's it going? What kind of route did you take to get to Canada? permit? PR?

Last edited by DanielH; Jan 20th 2006 at 12:31 am. Reason: ooops
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:34 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Well hello... I know of Bournes/UTS down Rye harbour.... small world eh?How's it going? What kind of route did you take to get to Canada? permit? PR?
I married a Canadien, Its the quickest way
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:39 am
Loving my life..

I married a Canadien, Its the quickest way
Before you arrived or found a Love there?
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:48 am
Jenny & Tony

Before you arrived or found a Love there?

We married 6 years ago, but only decided to go to Canada in march last year.
Sent application in march and landed on 13th Oct. Not bad eh! We gave up the Rat race,small house,and credit card existence for a quiet life in a big house with lots of land in the country,and we've just been chillin for 3 months. Its great,have only heard one siren in 3 months, and that was just the local volunteer fire fighters being a bit over zelus.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

We married 6 years ago, but only decided to go to Canada in march last year.
Sent application in march and landed on 13th Oct. Not bad eh! We gave up the Rat race,small house,and credit card existence for a quiet life in a big house with lots of land in the country,and we've just been chillin for 3 months. Its great,have only heard one siren in 3 months, and that was just the local volunteer fire fighters being a bit over zelus.
Just thought i would jump in and say I am from bexhill!
moved here nearly three years ago. I guess East Sussex really is left with the pensioners now!
Gods waiting room!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

can't seem to use the link! not sure if it is my pc or the link!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:11 pm
Loving my life..

Originally Posted by babyblue
can't seem to use the link! not sure if it is my pc or the link!
Hi Babyblue, try cut n paste into gogle and follow that.? It was Spike Millagan that said Bexhill was god's waiting room was it not? I own his Old escape ladder he used to carry to everywhere he ever stayed... fear of fire! great man sadly missed.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Hey - I want to see it!! I tried clicking the link and pasting the link into google and nothing worked. Can everybody else get it to work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.