Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

Originally Posted by DanielH
Hi Babyblue, try cut n paste into gogle and follow that.? It was Spike Millagan that said Bexhill was god's waiting room was it not? I own his Old escape ladder he used to carry to everywhere he ever stayed... fear of fire! great man sadly missed.
Yes it was!

I did volutary work for the Tree of hope Charity in Bexhill. He was the Patron saint for the charity along with Norman wisdom.
met him a few years ago.
I lost my youngest daughter who was severly disabled and the charity did alot for her. So in return i did alot of fundraising for them.
http://www.treeofhope.org.uk/

check out the website.
my daughter is on the memorial page. Nicole.
My cousin is the website designer.

Last edited by babyblue; Jan 20th 2006 at 3:12 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Still can't use the link!
tried cut and paste, tried typing it in still no joy.
can you type the link again and i will try it one more time
thanks
Old Jan 20th 2006, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

lizwil and Babyblue - it's probably just getting too many hits or the camera may have been turned off. I couldn't get the page earlier - but I'm watching it OK right now.

DanielH - could you get in there and ask them to straighten the bloody camera - I'm getting a crick in me neck..lol

Last edited by Calgal; Jan 20th 2006 at 5:26 pm. Reason: typo's
Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it worked for me this time. I second that. Daniel - get down there for a swift half and tell them to straighten that darn camera!!!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:17 pm
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Talking Re: English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Hey - I want to see it!! I tried clicking the link and pasting the link into google and nothing worked. Can everybody else get it to work?

if anyone is still struggling with the link try this it seems to work for me... so fingers crossed..

http://mayorcam.mine.nu/javascript/index.html

sorry about the angle of the cam but due to it's size and position it's on an angle (for now...as i'm lookin for a wide angle lens for it)

hope you all enjoy it..
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:20 pm
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Smile Re: English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

welcome to Simon and Jodie behind the bar...LOL

i told the Landlord earlier about my posting on here and he was thrilled...LOL little things - little minds eh!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

if anyone is still struggling with the link try this it seems to work for me... so fingers crossed..

http://mayorcam.mine.nu/javascript/index.html

sorry about the angle of the cam but due to it's size and position it's on an angle (for now...as i'm lookin for a wide angle lens for it)

hope you all enjoy it..

lol yeah I can see them again today...ohh how I wish I woz there...hehe tell them 'Houston we have no problem seeing them'...cheers
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

I'd love to visit the Mermaid Inn in Rye. Apparently it's the most haunted pub in England!

Hi all the local pub down the road from me in Rye, East Sussex has just got a web cam installed (needs putting straight-you'll see what I mean) and if you wanted to remember what a real English pub looks like follow the link... the Barrel you see on the Bar is a cider from local town Battle (yes the one where the Battle of Hastings happened) and it is somewhere between 7.5% and 9% depends upon the apples and is hard to gain a true %.... but drinkin it you can tell :scared: ...... well I've been to "British Pubs" in Winnipeg and they can't match this place... building was built originally in 1486 i think.... so it's dark oak beams...low ceilings... open fires... noisy... and they sell Cider that does not require a re-mortgage for a pint. (eg. Strongbow in Canada). but I still LOVE Winnipeg.... I will not be leaving once I arrive.

http://mayorcam.mine.nu/javascript/index.html click on live stream for a moving version of the pub...lol
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:31 pm
Loving my life..

Originally Posted by seacreature
I'd love to visit the Mermaid Inn in Rye. Apparently it's the most haunted pub in England!

The Mermaid is about 2 mins walk from my door....I think it's room 6 that your refering too.... but the building I like in has Charlie... a nice spirit the oldest parts of this building date to 1480 something.... lots of VERY OLD Oak beams... creaks and odd noises... fun.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

The Mermaid is about 2 mins walk from my door....I think it's room 6 that your refering too.... but the building I like in has Charlie... a nice spirit the oldest parts of this building date to 1480 something.... lots of VERY OLD Oak beams... creaks and odd noises... fun.
ohh we live in Surrey when in the UK and not too far from Rye..we'll be over in a few weeks so think we'll drive down...sounds fun....ttfn
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

I love all that type of thing!
I'm sure most of those hauntings are just nonsense, but it's fun going on ghost walks and having a drink in a haunted pub!
The ghost tours in Edinburgh are a hoot!

Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by seacreature
I love all that type of thing!
I'm sure most of those hauntings are just nonsense, but it's fun going on ghost walks and having a drink in a haunted pub!
The ghost tours in Edinburgh are a hoot!
well I believe in some ghosty things...a hotel by us in Cobham, Surrey is haunted and I've actually seen the ghost...very spooky but I saw her in the daytime and it was OK..
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:44 pm
Loving my life..

Smile Re: English 'Pub' not a copy...lol

Originally Posted by TruBrit
well I believe in some ghosty things...a hotel by us in Cobham, Surrey is haunted and I've actually seen the ghost...very spooky but I saw her in the daytime and it was OK..
I used to live with my ex-wife and son, down the road from here and the rear of my house backed onto a passage way called 'Turkey-cock Lane' it's widely reported that a monk from the towns monastery fell in love with a local girl called Racheal which was strictly forbidden and he was walled into a cell built into the monastarys outer wall and as he went mad he started to gobble like a turkey.... many have heard this eary sound ...... :scared:
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

I used to live with my ex-wife and son, down the road from here and the rear of my house backed onto a passage way called 'Turkey-cock Lane' it's widely reported that a monk from the towns monastery fell in love with a local girl called Racheal which was strictly forbidden and he was walled into a cell built into the monastarys outer wall and as he went mad he started to gobble like a turkey.... many have heard this eary sound ...... :scared:
ohh love the story what's the address of the pub or maybe I'll google it...think we'll come check it out when we're over. we live not too far away. is it a B & B??
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:49 pm
Loving my life..

Originally Posted by TruBrit
ohh love the story what's the address of the pub or maybe I'll google it...think we'll come check it out when we're over. we live not too far away. is it a B & B??

the pub is called

The Standard Inn
The Mint
Rye
East Sussex
Tn31 7EN
they do have rooms as well.... and the restuarant where i live and work is just 20 metres up the road too......lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.