Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

'English' Canadians and football

'English' Canadians and football

Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:56 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'English' Canadians and football

Originally Posted by Wayner
Thank you my good fellow
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:30 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the D-P game today in the pub with my kid...no pies, but a very decent moules mariniere.

PS I hear there's a hockey game going on. Yeah, who cares?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:40 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Watched the D-P game today in the pub with my kid...no pies, but a very decent moules mariniere.

PS I hear there's a hockey game going on. Yeah, who cares?
shurrup
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:01 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SkiBunny
Those who have already made the move to Canada from England - are you still supporting England in the World Cup? Do you still feel part of it over there? I guess you are not watching in bars with a crowd due to time difference - is it weird?

I remember watching all the Euro 96 matches at 1am in all night bars in Australia, which was odd, but I still felt part of it because there were other England fans and it was still 'beer' time.

This may seem pointless but I think the things that I will miss most are these kind of events and being part of them, rather than day to day stuff. Plus we watch football live and on tv all the time, and it will be strange not to go to a match and have a pie and a pint at half time... Hope the cable coverage is decent at least...
It's one of the very few things that I miss
Used to love going to the pub with my mates, especially worldcup time. Knocking off work early then watching the game and getting sloshed. Oh well.
I also used to go to a lot of live footy back in the UK and its never the same watching it on TV, but we get loads of it on over here, in High Def as well. The best thing though is because it's on so early there's no "wife factor"
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:00 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wayner
thanks
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:02 pm
Woohoo! PR :D

SkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSkiBunny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bleech
It's one of the very few things that I miss
Used to love going to the pub with my mates, especially worldcup time. Knocking off work early then watching the game and getting sloshed. Oh well.
I also used to go to a lot of live footy back in the UK and its never the same watching it on TV, but we get loads of it on over here, in High Def as well. The best thing though is because it's on so early there's no "wife factor"
Oi - whaddaya mean wife factor?!
We can be football obsessives too. I'm even coming 2nd in the work fantasy world cup
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:24 pm
Banned

desi is an unknown quantity at this point

this is hilarious

http://www.dothecrouch.com/