Reload this Page >

english back bacon

english back bacon

Old May 24th 2010, 12:16 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: english back bacon

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
At the other end of the spectrum from PC....'No name' chocolate digestives. Imported from UK and almost as good as McVities.
We buy lots of No Name goodies. Good stuff, often better than the named brands.
Old May 24th 2010, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

ness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really nice

Thabks for the tip Jerry, being a wiltshire gilr born and bred I'll be off to Superstore tomorrow to find this bacon

Old May 24th 2010, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Nikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud of

For anyone in Edmonton or Calgary you can always try:

http://www.irvingsfarmfresh.com
Old May 24th 2010, 7:17 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a huge bacon eater but i personally can't tell the difference between British and Canadian bacon

Help

Old May 24th 2010, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by el_richo
I'm not a huge bacon eater but i personally can't tell the difference between British and Canadian bacon

Help

Poor you. Both are good but the British back bacon has less fat, is less sweet and less smoked. I like my bacon unsmoked and that's hard to find.

Actually last time we went back home I had some bacon and it just didn't seem quite right, it all depends on what you are used to.
Old May 24th 2010, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nikki Ian
For anyone in Edmonton or Calgary you can always try:

http://www.irvingsfarmfresh.com
This guy is at the local farmers markets, but I'm not really a fan:
- bacon is too thick, and unsmoked (I live smoked)
- sausages are very dry and unfortunately.... bland

He's a decent bloke though, and I'm glad to see him doing well...
Old May 24th 2010, 3:32 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Had the PC Wiltshire bacon at breakfast this morning. Very good, best thing in the processed pork line I've found since moving here. For the Nfld residents, it's Dominion not Superstore.
Old May 24th 2010, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

stuham33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are we talking english style bacon, as in a decent size rasher and not the really thin cut fatty bacon that they seem to sell everywhere. We have been looking at bacon and have started to buy from the deli at sobeys.
Old May 24th 2010, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Deva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of lightDeva is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stuham33
Are we talking english style bacon, as in a decent size rasher and not the really thin cut fatty bacon that they seem to sell everywhere. We have been looking at bacon and have started to buy from the deli at sobeys.
Old May 24th 2010, 6:25 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I only brave stupid store a couple of times a year - I think I'll pop in tomorrow night when it's nice and quiet.

We always buy the cheaper stores' own branded stuff if it's available.
Old May 24th 2010, 6:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off there this afternoon to stock up on a few packets. You've got to love bacon sandwiches with lashings of butter and brown sauce.
Old May 24th 2010, 6:31 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

The irony of a bunch of British people living in Canada, getting excited over bacon, made from Irish Pork, in the USA, is not lost. Nor are the food miles. Still, for a bacon sarnie, shag the environment.
Old May 24th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Look forward to trying this. The only downside is having to step inside a Superstore. I hate those places with a passion.
Old May 24th 2010, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
The irony of a bunch of British people living in Canada, getting excited over bacon, made from Irish Pork, in the USA, is not lost. Nor are the food miles. Still, for a bacon sarnie, shag the environment.
Quite right too, prioritise, prioritise
Old May 24th 2010, 7:08 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi
For those like me who miss a few old country comforts,
Real Canadian Superstore now carries...

wiltshire bacon.... pre packaged good old back bacon.

cheers
Jerry
Hand Of God that stuff, Picks you up from dead off the Toilet Floor after a heavy night out. drool......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.