Engineering Jobs In Canada?

Wikiposts

Engineering Jobs In Canada?

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:16 am
Just Joined

brnmcgn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineering Jobs In Canada?

Hello,

Looking for some advice on possible job opportunities in Canada as I have been delibrating on looking to move there.

I am a 26 year old chartered mechanical engineer with a degree and 5 years experience in the power and gas industry.

I think I would love life in Canada (already visited the country) but don't want to embark on a pipe dream if I couldn't get work in the country.

All advice/opinions appreciated?

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:25 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering Jobs In Canada?

Start here...

www.peng.ca

and look at Alberta and Ontario as your most likely destination.

Cant find any details on reciprocal recognision of your CEng status, so perhaps there is none, which is not good news as you might have to jump through all the hoops again.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:28 am
Just Joined

brnmcgn is an unknown quantity at this point

iaink, Thanks very much.

Do you know of any good employment agencies? Trying to search for some on goggle but end up overloaded?
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brnmcgn
iaink, Thanks very much.

Do you know of any good employment agencies? Trying to search for some on goggle but end up overloaded?
noramtec.com is a good one. my husband in oil and gas industry and he worked through them during his time in Canada.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Start here...

www.peng.ca

and look at Alberta and Ontario as your most likely destination.

Cant find any details on reciprocal recognision of your CEng status, so perhaps there is none, which is not good news as you might have to jump through all the hoops again.
Canada is part of the Washington and Sydney Accords, go to http://www.engc.org.uk and work from there.

However I know that this refers to accreditation of undergraduate engineering degrees, not the CEng per se.

Also visit http://www.cic.gc.ca to see if you qualify to migrate.

Jeremy
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Albertan is an unknown quantity at this point

A mecahnical engineer with gas and oil experience?

I shouldn't think "recognition" of qualifications would be much of an issue at all in Fort McMurray. Certain skills are in extemely high demand as there are nearly critical shortages in certain areas there, and the situation will only get worse for the oil comapanies as Fort McMurry is almost certainly going to expand faster than the cities' infrastructure can be built.....

Finding a place for you to sleep, now that could be a problem. Many people who work in Fort Mcmurray actuall live 400 miles south in Edmonton.

Apply to Syncrude or Suncor, if they need you, they will sponsor you for immigration and likely send you plane tickets too!