Reload this Page >

Engineering job agencies in Canada

Engineering job agencies in Canada

Old Jan 27th 2019, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

charliecapaldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineering job agencies in Canada

Hello,

Can anyone recommend any good job agencies in Canada - specifically for engineering....?
Old Jan 27th 2019, 10:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering job agencies in Canada

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi
Hello,

Can anyone recommend any good job agencies in Canada - specifically for engineering....?

Hello and welcome to BE!

What kind of engineering? Engineer is a protected title in Canada and as such you may need to be registered Provincially to work as one... depending on your profession. In the UK we often call someone an engineer whereas in Canada the same job might be called technician. If you can give us more details, happy to help..

Do you have a visa sorted or Permanent Residence application in place? If you don't you may find it difficult to obtain a job offer as any employer would need to obtain an LMIA before you could get a work permit - a lengthy and expensive process.

Generally speaking, Indeed is the site most recommended for job hunting. We do have a wiki article on job hunting - with a list of agencies and websites for many professions.
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Findi...Related_FieldsI'd recommend reading the job hunting section regardless, lots of helpful advice, hints and tips! https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...Hunting-Canada
Old Jan 28th 2019, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

charliecapaldi1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

This is really helpful, I’ve been confused as to which to apply for as I was unsure so currently hold neither residence or s visa!
im a Mechanical Engineering with a bachelors degree with Honours. I have 5-6 years experience working for international companies in petrochemical sites and for building services.
I am not a technician as someone who would also in the U.K get given the title engineer, whereas they are a technician.

Please yes if you could help further on what to do!

Thank you

QUOTE=Siouxie;12628331]Hello and welcome to BE!

What kind of engineering? Engineer is a protected title in Canada and as such you may need to be registered Provincially to work as one... depending on your profession. In the UK we often call someone an engineer whereas in Canada the same job might be called technician. If you can give us more details, happy to help..

Do you have a visa sorted or Permanent Residence application in place? If you don't you may find it difficult to obtain a job offer as any employer would need to obtain an LMIA before you could get a work permit - a lengthy and expensive process.

Generally speaking, Indeed is the site most recommended for job hunting. We do have a wiki article on job hunting - with a list of agencies and websites for many professions.
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Findi...Related_FieldsI'd recommend reading the job hunting section regardless, lots of helpful advice, hints and tips! https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...Hunting-Canada
[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 28th 2019, 12:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charliecapaldi1
Hello,

This is really helpful, I’ve been confused as to which to apply for as I was unsure so currently hold neither residence or s visa!
im a Mechanical Engineering with a bachelors degree with Honours. I have 5-6 years experience working for international companies in petrochemical sites and for building services.
I am not a technician as someone who would also in the U.K get given the title engineer, whereas they are a technician.

Please yes if you could help further on what to do!

Thank you

You are most welcome!

In that case you would need to be Provincially Registered as it's a Regulated Profession. Each Province has it's own regulatory body.. so you will need to initially decide which Province will offer the best chance of getting employment / gaining Permanent Residency / is affordable to live in / you like the look of!

The general consensus is to go where the work is - everything else should fall into place from that. Once you've narrowed it down a bit we can offer more advice on becoming Certified/Registered in that Province... but calling Engineer_abroad for some specific advice about Registration in Canada - you'll find his posts very helpful https://britishexpats.com/forum/sear...rchid=10777470

If you have an Honours Degree and 6 years of experience I'm guessing that you would do well in points for Express Entry (route to PR). While the main Canada forum is for general questions about Canada / employment / where to live etc., we do have an Immigration forum for more specifics - if you'd like more help / info about applying for Permanent Residency do feel free to post a new thread in there: https://britishexpats.com/forum/immi...hip-canada-33/

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 28th 2019 at 12:52 am.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Default Engineering

Hello,

does antbody no the best place for work I’m Canada for Mechanical Engineering, also if it’s best to get your profession registered in that state before applying for visa status??
Old Jan 28th 2019, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much.

Do you know where I would contact for the regulatory body in British Columbia?
Is it best to get the profession registered before applying for a visa?
Old Jan 28th 2019, 8:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Is it best to get the profession registered before applying for a visa?
It will depend on the visa and the processing time for it. So you haven't applied for the IEC visa as discussed in your previous thread? How old are you?

Old Jan 28th 2019, 8:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineering

Hello,

does antbody no the best place for work I’m Canada for Mechanical Engineering, also if it’s best to get your profession registered in that state before applying for visa status??
I've moved this post, as it was in the immi section of the forum (which is for visa related questions only), to your existing thread about engineering - please do keep all questions on the same subject together, thx.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

No not as yet - you need to state the area you want to apply for - I’ve just learned of needing to having your profession registered.

im also don’t know where the best engineering opertunities are in Canada.

Im 29
Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

No not as yet - you need to state the area you want to apply for - I’ve just learned of needing to having your profession registered.

im also don’t know where the best engineering opertunities are in Canada.

Im 29
You don't have to go to the area you've indicated though, it's only a data gathering exercise. If you're 29 then as it's lottery and your chances are already low, personally I'd apply for the IEC as a priority. If you are lucky enough to get selected and invited to apply for a visa, you'll have ages before you actually have to move, so plenty of time to sort out your licensing.

When do you turn 30?
Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Where do I apply for the IEC?

thank you.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Where do I apply for the IEC?

thank you.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...anada/iec.html

HTH.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Thank you
Old Jan 29th 2019, 6:11 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi OP

Aside from the likes of usual high street Randstad, Manpower, Hays, Kelly etc. you can also try these ones:
  • Matchtech
  • Horizon Recruitment
  • Aerotek
  • Design Group
  • Comtech
  • TRS
Old Jan 29th 2019, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!

il give them a go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.