Reload this Page >

employment certificates

Wikiposts

employment certificates

Old Feb 11th 2006, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

cruz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default employment certificates

hello folks. my wife and i decided to give canada a go. we are still in the process of gathering our documents and everything. i've got one problem though, in one of my previous employments (about 10 yrs ago and spent 3 yrs there), i don't have any reference letter or contract from them. that business is not existing anymore and i don't know where to contact my previous bosses. what should i do? what should i tell the canadian high commision? anybody here who was in the same situation when they were applying for immigration? any suggestion? thnx very much.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice
Default Re: employment certificates

Originally Posted by cruz
hello folks. my wife and i decided to give canada a go. we are still in the process of gathering our documents and everything. i've got one problem though, in one of my previous employments (about 10 yrs ago and spent 3 yrs there), i don't have any reference letter or contract from them. that business is not existing anymore and i don't know where to contact my previous bosses. what should i do? what should i tell the canadian high commision? anybody here who was in the same situation when they were applying for immigration? any suggestion? thnx very much.
Hi,

I am in the same situation with a few of my previous employers going out of business. I have spoken to the Canadian commission and have been told to gather as much of the required documentation as I can but not to worry if there is anything that is not obtainable. An Employer going out of business is not anything that you can control, so don't worry about it.

If you want to prove the existence of the company and prove that they have gone out of business, you can get the Company records from Companies House (www.comapnieshouse.gov.uk) for £1. I have done this just for completeness, I fully expect them to ignore the Companies House Reports.

Cheers

Jez
Old Feb 11th 2006, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Originally Posted by JezHarper
<snip>
(www.comapnieshouse.gov.uk)
</snip>
Sorry, that should be www.companieshouse.gov.uk

Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:21 am
Just Joined

cruz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JezHarper
Sorry, that should be www.companieshouse.gov.uk

thnx very much JezHarper for that very valuable info. that's great to know. cheers
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't even bother doing the Companies House thing - 2 businesses my husband has worked for went out of business (don't emply this man!!) and we just enclosed a short statement on a separate piece of paper stating this as the reason why a reference on company paper wasn't enclosed - no problem as far as CIC were concerned as we were never asked for more info.