Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Employer problems AGAIN!!

Employer problems AGAIN!!

Old Jan 16th 2015, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

lostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond repute
Default Employer problems AGAIN!!

Hi there

my husband was been laid off yesterday due to his employers line of credit running out at the bank. He has not been paid yet for the jobs they have done over the summer months, Some of the companies are playing about not paying up. His boss has gone on holiday today for two weeks and is hoping that payment arrives before he gets back so he can get my husband back to work.

Our PR application has been in process for over 16 months now and the estimated time is 17 months however we don not hold much hope that it will be that quick. What i would like to know is if my husband is not in work after his employer gets back to work and for any reason his employer goes bump. what can he do about his employer specific Visa? His current work visa has 9 months left on it so a bridging open work permit is out of the question. I am working but its no where near enough to pay the rent utilities and grocery shopping each month.

Any suggestions will greatly help but we are hoping that he will be back to work in two weeks we just want to have a plan incase it doesnt happen.

Thank you all
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:12 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer problems AGAIN!!

Originally Posted by lostinsask
Hi there

my husband was been laid off yesterday due to his employers line of credit running out at the bank. He has not been paid yet for the jobs they have done over the summer months, Some of the companies are playing about not paying up. His boss has gone on holiday today for two weeks and is hoping that payment arrives before he gets back so he can get my husband back to work.

Our PR application has been in process for over 16 months now and the estimated time is 17 months however we don not hold much hope that it will be that quick. What i would like to know is if my husband is not in work after his employer gets back to work and for any reason his employer goes bump. what can he do about his employer specific Visa? His current work visa has 9 months left on it so a bridging open work permit is out of the question. I am working but its no where near enough to pay the rent utilities and grocery shopping each month.

Any suggestions will greatly help but we are hoping that he will be back to work in two weeks we just want to have a plan incase it doesnt happen.

Thank you all
Contact SK re non payment of wages and lay off if he is an employee of the company..
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/work/employment-standards

If unpaid wages go back several months, plus a layoff (you don't say if temp or permanent) , an employment lawyer may be worth a visit.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

If it's possible (and such a thing still exists and is allowed). you might want to apply for an open work permit while your PR application is in progress.

I recall vaguely when I sponsored my wife to come in to the country that I applied for a visitor visa first then an open work permit when we put in the PR visa and it had been accepted for processing. They gave her an 18-month study and work permit.

Maybe something like that exists?
Old Jan 16th 2015, 11:35 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Thank you all
That's rough for you. I hope there's a happy outcome. I'm afraid I have no practical advice, just moral support.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

lostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond repute

I must clear something up, it's not my husband who was not paid for the jobs over the summer it was his employer who has not yet received payment. Hence he has had to temporarily lay my husband off work.I apologize for the confusion. What I would like to know is what we can do about his employer specific visa if his employer goes bump and this isn't a temporary situation.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 5:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I must clear something up, it's not my husband who was not paid for the jobs over the summer it was his employer who has not yet received payment. Hence he has had to temporarily lay my husband off work.I apologize for the confusion. What I would like to know is what we can do about his employer specific visa if his employer goes bump and this isn't a temporary situation.
Can he not just apply for an open work permit? What route have you applied for PR under?
Old Jan 17th 2015, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can he not just apply for an open work permit? What route have you applied for PR under?
We have applied under the provincial nominee program it states on his visa that it is employer specific. We spoke to immigration a while back and they said there was nothing we could do
Old Jan 17th 2015, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We have applied under the provincial nominee program it states on his visa that it is employer specific. We spoke to immigration a while back and they said there was nothing we could do
So he's been nominated? Which stream?
Old Jan 17th 2015, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

We were sponsered by his eemployer. I wasn't aware there was anything more to provincial nominee. Excuse my naivety
Old Jan 18th 2015, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

International Mobility Program: Provincial nominees or permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants

Check out this link to see if your husband qualifies for a bridging owp.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much for your help as it stands we have had a decision made about our PR we do not know the results yet we are waiting on snail mail!!
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:39 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes you can get the employment transfered if the new employer has LMIA status and is willing to take him on. I haven't heard of anyone on SINP being changed to an open work permit. Good Luck.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

If you can ride out the application for PR then you can stay, if you can get the TWP transferred then that would be the best but it is hard to find an employer to do that..... Best of luck

PS... Contact the Sask labour office to have help with obtaining the late payment
Old Jan 29th 2015, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

We are waiting for a letter from cic with our pr application decision so hopefully we should find out this week. It's killing us seeing decision made on the website and then having to wait for Canada post!!.thank you for all the advice guys hopefully after this week we will know where we are at!
Old Jan 29th 2015, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it's good news for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.