Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Emigration is a lonely place

Emigration is a lonely place

Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:03 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Emigration is a lonely place

Originally Posted by Julie_p
I think i would have to get her to one side and ask her out right what the problem is and ask her why she is been so 'off' with you, good way to get things off your chest plus she can tell you why she acting like she is,if that dosnt work i'm afraid i would just walk away and concentrate on your family and your new life in canada. xx
Ditto - one of my friends have been my rock and this process has made us closer, on the other hand my close friend that i have known forever i havent seen since last year when i told her we was doing the move, she just wont talk to me, so i have moved on :curse:

Same with hubby his mate havent seen him for a few months since we came back with the job offer, some people you will never please, but i would put your cards on the table and let her decide, but you have a lovely family and get to that new life ASAP, you have your extended friends here
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
3.46 am today

4.42 pm today

What happened to the expected meet up this afternoon? Did she call it off in preparation for her girls night?

If so, it's beginning to sound as if she might be trying to make a point. Not very good timing I fear.
Rang her in the morning to see what time I could go over and she was having a sleep in the garden and had left instructions with her daughter that she was tired and not to wake her
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

Really hard one this DNS I would drop her a letter expalin how you feel then the ball is in her court I can see why you would be so mad at not being invited to the girls night that is really harsh good luck!
cathy
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:51 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

I have moved around the UK quite a bit and now I am in BC. I have found that you can't accurately predict who will stay a friend and who will forget you and move on, there have always been surprises. A true friend will always be a true friend, and it is often hard if you have expectations of friendship which are not being met.
If you have tried to make a move and been rejected three times then leave it. Once is acceptable, twice is coincidence, three times is deliberate. After that, don't chase people. Give her time to think and let her come to you. Either she will or she won't and leave it at that or you will be adding stress at a time when you have enough to think about.
I wish you luck in your journey.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:17 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

It maybe lonley at times especially till you make friends over here (which you will Canadians are a very friendly bunch) but you also have to think on the positive and what an elite club your joining! You stood up and said I dont like the cards I was dealt and actually had the balls to do something about it and do what most dream about - Live your life rather than wasting it and being stuck with the other rats in a place your not happy!

Its a wonderful adventure enjoy it!
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:09 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
It maybe lonley at times especially till you make friends over here (which you will Canadians are a very friendly bunch) but you also have to think on the positive and what an elite club your joining! You stood up and said I dont like the cards I was dealt and actually had the balls to do something about it and do what most dream about - Live your life rather than wasting it and being stuck with the other rats in a place your not happy!

Its a wonderful adventure enjoy it!
That was beautiful
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you (the OP) but I think your friend is being very selfish! I know from personal experience that you really find out who your friends (and family) are when you emigrate (or try and not get there as we did)

If your friend thinks that much of you she shouldn't be pi**ing around and wasting what little time you have left together before you leave. I don't think you're being hard, you're entitled to make your own choices. When we were planning to emigrate to Canada we found several friends dropped us, so we tended to think 'stuff 'em' to put it honest. I'd rather have a couple of real friends than loads of acquaintances. To this day we are estranged from family members who didn't agree with what we wanted to do. You will always find that some people will try and hold you back for their own selfish reasons.

Emigration is an adventure, all the best to you. I hope I don't sound too harsh, I don't mean to be but my experience made me see the negative side of people I thought I knew
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:39 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flogger
That was beautiful
Thanks I try!