Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

emigration 2.0... wish me luck

emigration 2.0... wish me luck

Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:48 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emigration 2.0... wish me luck

Hi

Originally Posted by chrissyb
My Canadian friend is moving to prince george she loves it there. How come there is so much crime for a small place and what do you mean by air pollution? I thought it was a quiet town!

Think Pulp Mills.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 3:34 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissyb
My Canadian friend is moving to prince george she loves it there. How come there is so much crime for a small place and what do you mean by air pollution? I thought it was a quiet town!
No idea why the crime but it's not the nicest of places. Lots of wannabe gangsters around when I've been. A very high crime rate for the size.

Pollution because it's in a valley and the dangerous fumes and crap from industry don't have many places to go.

To each their own.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el_richo
No idea why the crime but it's not the nicest of places. Lots of wannabe gangsters around when I've been. A very high crime rate for the size.

Pollution because it's in a valley and the dangerous fumes and crap from industry don't have many places to go.

To each their own.
Oh right that's interesting! Thanx
Old Aug 5th 2012, 7:24 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

hubby says theres clear areas you dont want to go, bearing in mind we are living in southampton area at the moment, which isnt great! apparently the high crime rate is due to the number of people passing thru. will see. im packing the safe for whats left of my jewellery we are headed for hart where you are a bit higher up so smog not too bad dh says. not looking forward to the mozzies tho!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:16 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

well its been a week and i love it here. the "town" is a bit spread out, not all metro like van - or even maple ridge but i have all sorts of things in walking distance ( which is good because we only have one car for now) the kids are in catchment for the schools we wanted and our house is frikkin huge! there is an area ive been warned not to venture into but its too far on foot for me anyway so not an issue.
our neighbours are lovely and the air quality has been fine this last week ( altho its been over 100 degrees most days which is a bit of a problem, cos i moved here for the cold!)
everyone ive met here has been genuinely lovely, im sure there are gangstas and gangs to worry about but back home one of our neighbours was an armed robber married to a hooker so you get all sorts!

so pleased to be back together with my husband as a family again, baby has started really talking ( he is nearly 2 and had been really behind with his speech, turns out it was just missing daddy ) and our PR applications have been submitted at long last so hopefully by feb we can flagpole and land finally
Old Aug 26th 2012, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by __TJ__
well its been a week and i love it here. the "town" is a bit spread out, not all metro like van - or even maple ridge but i have all sorts of things in walking distance ( which is good because we only have one car for now) the kids are in catchment for the schools we wanted and our house is frikkin huge! there is an area ive been warned not to venture into but its too far on foot for me anyway so not an issue.
our neighbours are lovely and the air quality has been fine this last week ( altho its been over 100 degrees most days which is a bit of a problem, cos i moved here for the cold!)
everyone ive met here has been genuinely lovely, im sure there are gangstas and gangs to worry about but back home one of our neighbours was an armed robber married to a hooker so you get all sorts!

so pleased to be back together with my husband as a family again, baby has started really talking ( he is nearly 2 and had been really behind with his speech, turns out it was just missing daddy ) and our PR applications have been submitted at long last so hopefully by feb we can flagpole and land finally
sounds fab, its what you like and want that counts and it sounds youve found the light at the end of your tunnel
Old Aug 26th 2012, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

good to hear you are all back together again and liking where you are.
Good luck on the PR.

Old Aug 27th 2012, 12:50 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

So pleased for you all

You've had a crazy year. Hope it all settles down for you now.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck second time around - this may just be what you wanted afterall.

And nice to be back with the hubster, eh?

Best wishes.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

hellcats is an unknown quantity at this point

How fab that you didn't give up and may you have the life that you wish.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Really please to read you are back again.

We`re 300km from Halifax so like you we are quite isolated from the `real`world. You get use to it...
You also have the advantage of being in a town of 75000 people which is like 67000 more than me! lol