Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Email Replies - Is it the UK Email Address

Email Replies - Is it the UK Email Address

Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:20 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Email Replies - Is it the UK Email Address

Hi everyone

I have attempted to make contact with professional bodies this week to get things sorted before I go over to Canada. Guess what!!!!! no-one replies to my emails so is it the following:-

1. Don't people reply to english email addresses.

2. Am I that boring lol.

K
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:37 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Email Replies - Is it the UK Email Address

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi everyone

I have attempted to make contact with professional bodies this week to get things sorted before I go over to Canada. Guess what!!!!! no-one replies to my emails so is it the following:-

2. Am I that boring lol.

K
I'm in touch with the Insurance Institute of Canada and they have replied to my Uk email address fairly promptly

would never say Insurance is exciting
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:52 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I'm in touch with the Insurance Institute of Canada and they have replied to my Uk email address fairly promptly

would never say Insurance is exciting
Hi Nikki

Thanks for the reply...It can be frustrating at times...I also know they are more laid back than us.

I will persist....and persist ...and persist lol...

K
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi K,

I had the same concern as you re english email addresses so I set up a gmail.com address. However, I have tended to find that organisations are just as likely NOT to reply to a .com as a .co.uk. In truth, I think it is more the case that there is less reliance here on email, rather than phone contact, which tends to get quicker results.

Eamonn

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi everyone

2. Am I that boring lol.

K
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:10 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Getting There
... phone contact, which tends to get quicker results.
Agreed. In Canada business is done on the 'phone. I'm as British and reserved as the next, but sometimes you just have to get on the blower.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi Kat

I had similiar issues getting the first contact but after the first contact was made email became pretty prompt. I think a quick call to get things going might be worth a go.

Cheers
Tom

(1 week and counting)
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:09 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi Kat

I had similiar issues getting the first contact but after the first contact was made email became pretty prompt. I think a quick call to get things going might be worth a go.

Cheers
Tom

(1 week and counting)
Thanks Guys

The blower it is!!!

Tom stop rubbing it in....1 week and counting

K