Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Electrician moving to canada.....

Wikiposts

Electrician moving to canada.....

Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:47 am
Just Joined

whits is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician moving to canada.....

Hi all,
wanting to move to canada but looking for job sponsorship, does anyone know of any sites etc.. to look for work?
thanks
daniel
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:50 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician moving to canada.....

Hi Daniel....welcome to BE...have a look on Wiki, you should find some info one the job front in there.......x
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whits
Hi all,
wanting to move to canada but looking for job sponsorship, does anyone know of any sites etc.. to look for work?
thanks
daniel
Hi and welcome! As Flirtyknickers (love that user name, makes me laugh every time btw!) has said, the Wiki is an invaluable resource. Top left of the page, and it will answer every question you have had about immigration and the whole process, and probably lots more too!

These articles would be a good starting point, but it's worth reading through lots more of it. The first is a general overview of the process, the second explains how job hunting in Canada works (basically it's not enough to look on websites, you have to get over there and meet people) and the third gives you info on the exams etc, you'd need to sit to work as an electrician over there. Hope that helps and good luck.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...Hunting-Canada

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Skilled_Trades
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:28 am
Just Joined

thanks ill have a look,
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

chazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by whits
Hi all,
thanks
daniel
Where in canada it's a big place. have a contact in Vancouver pm me
Old Jun 4th 2008, 8:36 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Hi and welcome to the site

Good idea would be to advise what kind of electrician you are and the area that you are looking at.
My OH is an industrial elecrician or otherwise known as a maintenance electrician here in the uk.

You will also need to know that you will need a licence, so to give you more info on the trade we will need to know where you are heading

Gill
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:14 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking for a sparky to wire up some pot lights for me.........I know that wasn't helpful was it?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:17 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I'm looking for a sparky to wire up some pot lights for me.........I know that wasn't helpful was it?
Not helpful but funny.....x
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:21 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Piff Poff I got my 309A and need the extra cash!! Ill do em for ya! haha
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

whits

read my post it may be useful to you?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541256
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Im not bothered where i go in canada its all so beautiful, just wanna get over there!
Im a domestic / Commercial Electrician, i was hopeing for ontario, London But it doesnt look like i can be that picky on where i go, but to be honest i ain't bothered as long as im out the UK,
Thanks for the replys all!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 8:26 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

I can only help on ontario and alberta

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...espersons.html is alberta and will help you through the process
http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/training/foreign.html is for ontario and will you plenty of reading for now

The way we got ours is via going on a recci, advise employers that you are coming and would like a meet etc etc and get your cv changed over to a resume style, but you will need to prove the 9000hrs in the trade and be approved for the licence.

good luck with the journey

gill
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

thanks Gill, but can you tell me what a recci is? - dont mean to sound stupid!
but dont know what you mean.
Thanks
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:08 pm

pm sent
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:25 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Piff Poff I got my 309A and need the extra cash!! Ill do em for ya! haha

YAY!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.