Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Election's 'a comin'

Election's 'a comin'

Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:54 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Election's 'a comin'

Judging from what I just read on yahoo.ca

Chretien, at least, will get what he wants for Christmas (Paul Martin on a stick).
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:26 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election's 'a comin'

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Judging from what I just read on yahoo.ca

Chretien, at least, will get what he wants for Christmas (Paul Martin on a stick).
I don't think Martin will end up on a stick. I expect he'll be back to form another minority, or small majority, government.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I agree with you. I wish the Liberals would get kicked out. They have had more than a good run at screwing things up - and they have succeeded. Let someone else have a chance at screwing things up for a change.

I think we will spend millions and end up with another Liberal government.

Lord knows why all those people in Ontario vote for him, but I guess he is in the process of buying everyone's vote at the moment.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Unfortunately I agree with you. I wish the Liberals would get kicked out. They have had more than a good run at screwing things up - and they have succeeded. Let someone else have a chance at screwing things up for a change.

I think we will spend millions and end up with another Liberal government.

Lord knows why all those people in Ontario vote for him, but I guess he is in the process of buying everyone's vote at the moment.
He doesn't have to buy my vote. I think Harper's a crazed religious maniac who would drag the country into foreign wars. Layton used to be on the local council, I thought he was a crook and a busybody and that he supported laws harmful to the disabled. I set the hose on NDP canvassers.

Thus the Liberals are the least bad.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:07 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think Harper's a crazed religious maniac who would drag the country into foreign wars.
I find that an effective survival strategy when you live in Harper's riding is to pretend you're an anthropologist researching the local society. That helps when you attend one of his town hall meetings and the audience only just stops short of leaping up and shouting, "Zig Heil."
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:10 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think Harper's a crazed religious maniac who would drag the country into foreign wars.
There's no way a civilised electorate would allow such people to head up a G8 nation.

:scared:

Rich
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Flipper is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lizwil98
A lot of people in the Toronto area believe all that media stuff about the Conservative Party being the Canadian Ayatollahs. (Though they don't seem to mind religious fanatics from the Asian communities.) But the main reason they can't make headway in Ontario is the ethnic vote in the Toronto area. Some former Liberal ridings (including my own) in "Canadian" parts of Ontario switched to the Conservatives last time. But the way it works is if a riding is approximately 20% "visible minority" the Tories can't win unless they virtually sweep the white vote. It's the main reason why the Liberals are trying to bring in more immigrants.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flipper
A lot of people in the Toronto area believe all that media stuff about the Conservative Party being the Canadian Ayatollahs. (Though they don't seem to mind religious fanatics from the Asian communities.) But the main reason they can't make headway in Ontario is the ethnic vote in the Toronto area. Some former Liberal ridings (including my own) in "Canadian" parts of Ontario switched to the Conservatives last time. But the way it works is if a riding is approximately 20% "visible minority" the Tories can't win unless they virtually sweep the white vote. It's the main reason why the Liberals are trying to bring in more immigrants.
The true Conservative Party would win in a landslide. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about that fact.

Unfortunately what we currently have is NOT the true Conservative Party. It is a bastardization of the Reform/Alliance/Conservative Parties. Run by and large by the religious right. A truly scary thought.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

iwanttotalktoyou is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people on this site are too stupid too see that.

I'm not sure about the ethnic vote though. Just remember last time when it comes to protesting about gay marriage, most of them were immigrants.

When it comes to "social conservatives", alot of immigrants are in that camp.

I was born in Vietnam, came to Canada in 1989, and I dispise the liberal with a passion.

And yeah, I'm voting for Harper because I use my brain and won't let others do the thinking for me, unlike some of you here.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hangman
It is a bastardization of the Reform/Alliance/Conservative Parties. Run by and large by the religious right. A truly scary thought.
I don't remember Harper threating to throw anybody in jail if you're not christian.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by iwanttotalktoyou
I don't remember Harper threating to throw anybody in jail if you're not christian.
Perhaps not.

But they are not very tolerant of the gay community, and they don't favour abortion very much either.

But they would like to go to war with George W. :scared:
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Perhaps not.

But they are not very tolerant of the gay community, and they don't favour abortion very much either.

But they would like to go to war with George W. :scared:
Which got nothing to do with religion, riiiight????
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by iwanttotalktoyou
Which got nothing to do with religion, riiiight????
Both the anti-gay stance and the anti-abortion stance come directly from the religious right.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:14 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

what we currently have is NOT the true Conservative Party
I agree with that.

From what I've seen of him, I think Jim Prentice (Conservative MP for Calgary Centre North) is a decent bloke. But he comes from the Joe Clark Conservatives.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I agree with that.

From what I've seen of him, I think Jim Prentice (Conservative MP for Calgary Centre North) is a decent bloke. But he comes from the Joe Clark Conservatives.
What is this "true conservative party"??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.