Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Election - what does it mean ?

Election - what does it mean ?

Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:29 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Election - what does it mean ?

Originally Posted by iaink
That reasoning ultimately leads to anarchy as there would be no-one safe to vote for...
I remember reading, years ago, something to the effect that no-one who wants to become an MP should be allowed to. Perhaps we would be better served if MPs were selected in the same manner as juries.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chi_Nook
Well he's not going to be the next Prime Minister of Canada either. Dion will be consigned to the trash can of history by his own party after the Election; the knives are out already.

If you think Stephen Harper is scary, hes' got nothing on Michael Ignatieff, the next leader of the Liberal Party. Mr. Ignatieff, spend 30 years of his adult life in the USA, is on record as supporting the war in Iraq and also believes the use of torture is justified.

You will also note that Mr. Ignatieff has been suspiciously quiet on Dion's Green Shift plan as he knows it's an election loser and hes quite happy about that.

You Liberals are so gullable.

I asked you a specific question about conservative environmental / global warming policy, and I get this?

Do you even KNOW their policies, or is it just a "cult of personality" thing surrounding Harper for you? One would have thought a personality would be a prerequisite for that, but I guess it takes all sorts.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 18th 2008 at 4:35 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:33 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

I asked you a specific question about a conservative policy, and I get this?

Do you even KNOW their policies, or is it just a cult of personality thing surrounding Harper for you?
I think its the secret gay tendencies that he has for Harpo. He`s just letting them all out on this forum................For all to see.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Chi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
This is great because if Canada gets into the EU nearly everybody that you seem to dislike on this forum gets into Canada no problem, given that the EU is all about freedom of movement................**** if that is the case, even I would start voting Conservative
If you read the article properly you will note it states the movement of "Skilled Labour" (similar to Germany) not the free movement of everyone, like the UK

Well as a hard working Canadian, I've got to do some work now. Have fun

I've noticed that there are about 4 or 5 people on this thread that are on here all the time attacking anyone who doesn't agree with their collective views on issues.

Do you people actually have jobs and work or are you living on welfare or EI? Just curious.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:36 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the article properly you will note it states the movement of "Skilled Labour" (similar to Germany) not the free movement of everyone, like the UK

I've noticed that there are about 4 or 5 people on this thread that are on here all the time attacking anyone who doesn't agree with their collective views on issues.

Do you people actually have jobs and work or are you living on welfare or EI? Just curious.
Me, I'm just a wanker.

Leb' wohl.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Run along then. Beats answering a specific question about a conservative policy position doesnt it. Feel free to file a reply when you have time, I'll be interested to read it.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Chi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to all

I asked you a specific question about conservative environmental / global warming policy, and I get this?

Do you even KNOW their policies, or is it just a "cult of personality" thing surrounding Harper for you? One would have thought a personality would be a prerequisite for that, but I guess it takes all sorts.
If you had the intelligence to understand my reply, what I was saying is that Dion's Green Shaft plan will never be implemented even by the Liberals.

Okay I forgot your a Liberal and need your hand holding all the time, okay then go here for a direct answer to your question:

Have a nice day.

http://www.conservative.ca/EN/4739/78192
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:40 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

The only "collective view" I've seen in this thread concerns Harper being a tit.

Well, perhaps not the only "collective view".

As for the second part of your assault, I think you'll find that the people in question are well-paid professionals who are not slaves to the time clock.

We also know Alt-Tab.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:42 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you had the intelligence to understand my reply, what I was saying is that Dion's Green Shaft plan will never be implemented even by the Liberals.

Okay I forgot your a Liberal and need your hand holding all the time, okay then go here for a direct answer to your question:

Have a nice day.

One hates to stoop so low, but did you mean "you're a liberal"?

And BTW, he's not.

On edit: not yet, anyway. Keep it up Chi_Nook and you could become singlehandedly responsible for opening Iain's eyes to the true consequence of voting for Harper's conservatives. Way to go.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Sep 18th 2008 at 4:46 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:44 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

That would be the same Germany that has all the race related tension / firebombing / murders of turkish workers and their Families that come there through the freedom allowed by the EU?

I'm confused. Canadas immigration is open to skilled workers (45%) Family of existing immigrants (45%) and about 10% humanitarian asylum seekers. I dont see how anything proposed is going to change that. You cant invite skilled workers, but exclude their families, you simply wont get the skilled workers you need to stay, and Assylum seekers have to be afforded some protection and dont make up great numbers anyway. The facts just dont fit the rhetoric.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:45 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

The movement of skilled labour that is something we have now. So why does Canada really want to join the EU?

You mention that you are a hard working Canadian but you seem to have plenty of time to put posts here???? I think somebody needs a word with your boss.

Where I live there is no welfare, if you don`t work you don`t eat.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:46 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Have a nice day.

Ah, Google, the refuge of those who dont actualy KNOW the answer.

That document does not lay out at all what they plan to do, what taxes are involved, what effect it has had on emmisions to date. Its all very much pie in the sky. Braging about $2bn on renewable fuel programs about sums it up. Less fuel burning is what needed, not diverting food crops to fueling vehicles.

I am not a dyed in the wool Liberal ,I'm very much a floating voter, and FWIW all your frothing posts have done is turn me away from voting conservative, much as a result of not wanting to be associated with the redneck jerk element of the party that you so ably represent, all full of "facts" that turn out to be nothing more than hot air and empty rhetoric.

I was hoping you could explain how its different to what has gone before, which was all talk and no effect. You know, move the discussion back towards POLICY and away from the current trend of NEGATIVE CHARACTER ATTACKS.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 18th 2008 at 6:12 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:49 pm
Born again atheist

That would be the same Germany that has all the race related tension / firebombing / murders of turkish workers and their Families that come there through the freedom allowed by the EU?
Er, point of order there, iain: Turkey is not in the EU.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:51 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
That`s why they are known as "Guest Workers" This term allows the Germans to exploit and exclude them nicely.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:53 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What happened there then, it was all lined up to go, and workers were/ are flooding Germany. maybe Im thinking of somewhere else then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.