Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Education UK/Aus/Canada- Transition

Education UK/Aus/Canada- Transition

Old Oct 9th 2011, 10:43 am
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Education UK/Aus/Canada- Transition

My daughter is in final year for GCSE's, expecting her to do well...

We have a job offer to go to Australia in the summer on a 457 visa, great opportunity to see more of this fantastic world, in the background our PR for Canada is bumping along slowly, begining to think that it will not come through until after Jul/Aug 12, so unless I get TWP for canada, K11 &12 will not happen. Wondering if A level equiv in Aus will travel to canada and secure Uni place? Is International Bacculaureate readily available in Aus and is it readily accepted in Canada for uni places.

Quite concerned that I might mess my daughters education up. Looking for solutions, not opinions...thank you.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:01 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education UK/Aus/Canada- Transition

In my opinion you should spend more time (all) on the oz forum
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Flogger
In my opinion you should spend more time (all) on the oz forum
Why? We will go on to Canada in due course and this is relevant to getting my daughter into Uni in Canada.. Why are people intent on baiting?
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:45 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york
Why? We will go on to Canada in due course and this is relevant to getting my daughter into Uni in Canada.. Why are people intent on baiting?
Have no idea,

You come across so charming too
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Why are people intent on baiting?
Perhaps because they've seen you do exactly the same thing? I'm sorry, but you cannot expect 'solutions, not opinions', when you yourself offer exactly the opposite most of the time, and you need to realise that this is a public forum and you cannot control who responds and what they say!

If you rethink the way you deal with people on the forum, then you might find others treat you the same way and you get more help.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Perhaps because they've seen you do exactly the same thing? I'm sorry, but you cannot expect 'solutions, not opinions', when you yourself offer exactly the opposite most of the time, and you need to realise that this is a public forum and you cannot control who responds and what they say!

If you rethink the way you deal with people on the forum, then you might find others treat you the same way and you get more help.
We are reformed characters! We are avoiding being baited by some of the posters. We are being non argumentitive and thanking those that are prepared to help. You are baiting us now, you should know better, you are a moderator. Please just let the information come in, if I find I am being baited, i will report it and would expect you to act in an appropriate manner.

thanks for replying.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You are baiting us now, you should know better, you are a moderator.
Not at all, I'm simply explaining why you are getting the responses you are getting in the various threads you have posted today. Unfortunately, you have ruffled quite a few feathers, hence the lack of help and manner of responses from various members.

I'd suggest you go back and re-read the Newbies to the Forum sticky thread (link in my signature), which has a guide to netiquette and how to get the best out of the forum. Hopefully then you can re-engage with people and start afresh. It will also explain how a forum works (i.e. you can't tell people how to respond, and you have to expect threads to 'drift' etc).

HTH.

Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Chris, just let the info come in, posters can choose to communicate if they want. It is the niff naff and trivia i don't want, the baiting and futile posts.

We are reformed, you won't get the NNT from us anymore, we recognise that the forum is very useful for the bits of the jigsaw we do not have. Best regards.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:43 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, just let the info come in, posters can choose to communicate if they want. It is the niff naff and trivia i don't want, the baiting and futile posts.

We are reformed, you won't get the NNT from us anymore, we recognise that the forum is very useful for the bits of the jigsaw we do not have. Best regards.
sorry, but hahahahahahahaha!!! pot, pot calling kettle
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:18 pm
no I aint

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
sorry, but hahahahahahahaha!!! pot, pot calling kettle
If we were allowed opinions on this thread I would agree.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 6:30 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter is in final year for GCSE's, expecting her to do well...

We have a job offer to go to Australia in the summer on a 457 visa, great opportunity to see more of this fantastic world, in the background our PR for Canada is bumping along slowly, begining to think that it will not come through until after Jul/Aug 12, so unless I get TWP for canada, K11 &12 will not happen. Wondering if A level equiv in Aus will travel to canada and secure Uni place? Is International Bacculaureate readily available in Aus and is it readily accepted in Canada for uni places.

Quite concerned that I might mess my daughters education up. Looking for solutions, not opinions...thank you.
Unless it's clear cut, i would say if you want to avoid messing up your daughters education you should stay in the UK and let her complete her A levels in a settled environment. Transitioning from one country to another with all the hassle, stress, and differences doesn't seem to be in the best interest of her at this stage in her life.

My opinion only
Old Oct 9th 2011, 6:36 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Unless it's clear cut, i would say if you want to avoid messing up your daughters education you should stay in the UK and let her complete her A levels in a settled environment. Transitioning from one country to another with all the hassle, stress, and differences doesn't seem to be in the best interest of her at this stage in her life.

My opinion only
I would concur with that. Settling in takes a year or so, so the upheaval could be detrimental. Seen it happen before.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

I wandered into this thread innocently enough...and I feel like I've just walked into a saloon with dead bodies everywhere and the smell of gunsmoke....I think I'll back out again quietly!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

We waited until our daughter had finished her A levels rather than moving her in the middle of her education. After A levels there is a natural break when friendship groups are separated as they all go to different universitites. She has settled in really well at university over here. However the logistics of converting qualifications was sometimes difficult for the uni, so if they have British and Australian qualifications to convert, I can imagine it may get them even more confused!
Old Oct 11th 2011, 10:38 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I would stay put until after exams. Opinion and solution.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.