edmontonians

Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

fireranger4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default edmontonians

is there any people out there in edmonton atm

just want to try to find out about accomadation.

"best" places to look to move into

you read alot about edmonton being "bad" place to live and how high the crime is etc

that does not bother me as every big city has its highs and lows its good areas and bad
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:19 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: edmontonians

Originally Posted by fireranger4
Yes, last time I checked Edmonton had a population of just under a million people.

Last edited by Edo; Jan 17th 2012 at 12:22 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

The murder rate is mainly gang & reservation related, as for other crimes, well in my subdivision the kids leave their bikes outside on the front lawns & one neighbour even left two motorbikes on their drive all summer. nothing was stolen, that would not be thecase in the UK.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

just want to try to find out about accomadation.

"best" places to look to move into

you read alot about edmonton being "bad" place to live and how high the crime is etc

that does not bother me as every big city has its highs and lows its good areas and bad
Bad place to live?

Do you like City life or quiet?

Where are you likely to work, North, South, East. West?

we rented close to Century Park when we first arrived, shops close at hand and train service into town centre. Easy access to Whitemud and the Anthony Henday.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

well im from the city also, but in uk i live about 5 miles from the town just in a village outside.but i dont want to live in the centre,just on the outskirts maybe

well ill be travelling for work anyway up to fort mcmurrray ill be using the airport maybe SW handy to the airport

ill also be needing a house as my dog is going to be coming over with my wife so it would need to be a back yard and stuff
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blue monday
the kids leave their bikes outside on the front lawns & one neighbour even left two motorbikes on their drive all summer. nothing was stolen, that would not be thecase in the UK.
Bit of a generalisation! My kids leave their bikes/scooters out, we leave the tractor mower out, and we frequently don't lock either the car or the door - and we're in the UK.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Bit of a generalisation! My kids leave their bikes/scooters out, we leave the tractor mower out, and we frequently don't lock either the car or the door - and we're in the UK.
i think he was reffering to edmonton as its known as canada crime capital and that its not that bad if you can such things
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

i think he was reffering to edmonton as its known as canada crime capital and that its not that bad if you can such things
I understand that (although the 'crime' reputation for Edmonton is more due to the murder rate, not petty crime like theft), but he said 'nothing was stolen, that would not be the case in the UK'. I was simply pointing out that's a generalisation and not true of all the UK.

Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

its true for everywere you go...not just uk, canada or where ever cyou live

there will be always crime/murder robbery's etc

im from northern ireland and on top of all the above we have a chance of get blown up or shot too
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

its true for everywere you go...not just uk, canada or where ever cyou live

there will be always crime/murder robbery's etc
Yep, very true.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

but all in all

i think NI is a great place and if anyone ever needed any questions answered id be more than happy to help as i think its an amazing place,its not as bad like back in the 70's and 80's but there is still that small minority out there trying to ruin it for everyone
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

We rented in an area called Skyrattler, not too bad, 2 minutes from the Gateway, 15 minutes from the airport.

Not sure of East of the Gateway, but virtually everywhere West seemed pretty decent up to the whitemud.

The Gateway is the Calgary Gateway by the way.

There's also a lot of new houses and apartments going up South of the Hendey, wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few renters there too.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

thanks will look out for them areas

its a bit of a nightmare for me to drive

im fron northern ireland which is part of the uk....when i enquired about my driving license i tol them i have a uk one which i do...the girl said great you can exchange it for a canadian one without doing a test etc......then she asked my address i gave it to her and she said i was then not eligiable to exchange

england scotland and wales are able to exchange for free..northern ireland is not.

so i did a little more digging and i can apply here for an AA international driving permit which i can use for a year then i can do my driving test out there.

but the area's i may have to move to to start out would need to be easy access to public transport just incase
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:40 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
A bit ?!?!?!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

just wondering what network would be the best coverage for mobile phone's

can anyone answer me that please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.