Edmonton Subway

Wikiposts

Edmonton Subway

Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

matts_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Edmonton Subway

Hi

Moving to Edmonton to attend the University of Alberta in August. Excited about the move and the city, and currently looking for accomodation. I was thinking of living further away from campus on the subway line. I have only used the subway once, and thought it was excellent.

Just wondering if anybody used it regularly, and could let me know how frequent, reliable and how late it runs etc.

Looking forward to joining you in Canada

Cheers

Matthew
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice
Default Re: Edmonton Subway

Edmonton has a subway?! This is the first I have heard of it. I thought only Montreal and Toronto had subways.

Now I am curious - anyone with more info?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:28 am
Just Joined

HEL1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Edmonton Subway

Originally Posted by AnyaT
Edmonton has a subway?! This is the first I have heard of it. I thought only Montreal and Toronto had subways.

Now I am curious - anyone with more info?

Taken from lightrail.com

"Edmonton's LRT system has a total of 10 stations, 4 above ground just out of the downtown area; 5 underground in the downtown area and University Station, which is underground across the river from the downtown area.

Downtown area
There are a total of five downtown stations that are underground (Grandin, Corona, Bay, Central and Churchill). Of those five stations, four of them (Corona being the exception) attach to the underground pedway systems. In fact, it is possible to go from Central to Bay or Churchill underground by foot via that pedway system. Grandin's pedway system connects to several provincial government buildings, including the Alberta Provincial Legislature itself.

End of the Line
Stations at the ends of the line are Claireview and University. The trains used to run 1/2 mile past Clareview, however, additional crossovers have made this unnecessary."