Ece

Old Sep 18th 2016, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ece

Hello everyone, I'm new. I have sent my diploma off to iqas to be converter into a Canadian version of it but I am really really struggling to find jobs in childcare I would love to emigrate to Alberta, can anyone help please
Old Sep 18th 2016, 5:10 pm
Kelowna newbies July 15

Beckie and Morgan UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ece

Hello,

I'm in British Columbia so it may be different rules but I'll still try to help you if I can. I studied on the NNEB nursery nursing Diploma in the UK in the year 2000 and my qualifications were equivalent to an Early Childhood Educator here in BC. What is the title of your diploma?

Last edited by Beckie and Morgan UK; Sep 18th 2016 at 5:12 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 5:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tamasin1
Hello everyone, I'm new. I have sent my diploma off to iqas to be converter into a Canadian version of it but I am really really struggling to find jobs in childcare I would love to emigrate to Alberta, can anyone help please
Hi, welcome to BE.

What is your visa status, are you authorised to work in Canada or do you require sponsorship? That will make a big difference as to your chances.

Have you looked at the Job Hunting section of the Wiki? Loads of useful tips in there. It's also worth doing a search of the forum, to see what's been said about ECE jobs in the past, I seem to recall it's a tough field to get in to in Canada, but a search will give you more info.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a diploma in preschool practice and a nvq2 in certificate in child care and education and I also have a nvq3 working with parents/families
Old Sep 18th 2016, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

No all I have done is sent of my diplomas. I've emailed some childcare centers and got some good feedback but is there more I can do to secure a job offer from a children's center I have also been on wiki thankyou in advance
Old Sep 18th 2016, 6:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No all I have done is sent of my diplomas. I've emailed some childcare centers and got some good feedback but is there more I can do to secure a job offer from a children's center I have also been on wiki thankyou in advance
If you need a LMIA to get a visa, then tbh I don't think you've got much chance. From what I can gather from reading on the forum, it's a tough field to break in to in Canada even if you're work authorised, so if you need an employer to be prepared to spend $1000, go through lots of hassle and paperwork, and wait months for you to be able to start, then I'm not sure it's likely to happen.

But maybe others will have some ideas, or contacts that you can use. You mention emailing, but also say you've read the Wiki, so presumably you've been picking up the phone and/or job hunted in person too? That will be vital if you're not a field in demand.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou for your responce the fsw programme is asking for early childhood educators which I am. But the way it works I believe is to get a job offer from a children's center to get 600 points before I even start my application like I said I have emailed every single children's center in red deer Alberta and only 2 replied, can you good people suggest another way that I could get to Canada as an ece thankyou in advance
Old Sep 18th 2016, 6:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thankyou for your responce the fsw programme is asking for early childhood educators which I am.
?? I think your info is a few years out of date! There is no 'occupations in demand' list anymore.

But the way it works I believe is to get a job offer from a children's center to get 600 points before I even start my application
You don't need a job offer to apply, anybody can apply (as long as you score at least 67 points as a FSW and meet the other criteria), but unless you're scoring above approx 460 on the CRS you won't be in with a chance of being selected and invited to apply for PR. However, just a job offer isn't enough, to get the 600 points you need a job offer and LMIA, and the LMIA is likely to be a problem. To get the LMIA, the employer has to pay $1000 and prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job. In all honestly, that's not likely for your job.

Do you have another route to a visa - are you by any chance aged 30 or under, or do you have a partner/spouse with a different job that might be more in demand?

like I said I have emailed every single children's center in red deer Alberta and only 2 replied, can you good people suggest another way that I could get to Canada as an ece thankyou in advance
You're doing well to have had 2 replies - tbh that's unusual! If you've read the Wiki then you'll know that just emailing or applying for stuff online isn't the way things are done in Canada, you need to pick up the phone at the very least, or ideally get out there and job hunt in person. It's all about the personal contact. Any contacts over there by any chance? Friends/family etc?

I also wouldn't limit yourself to one location, you might find you do get lucky and find an employer in Manitoba that is prepared to apply for your LMIA, so I'd cast your net as wide as possible and not even limit yourself to one province, never mind one city! Unless there's a specific reason for Red Deer?

HTH a bit, I hope you get lucky.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou there's a lot to work out thankyou so much for your time
Old Sep 18th 2016, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

No worries. Just shout with any questions and somebody will always try and help.

This is the most recent thread from another ECE that I could find, but you might want to do a search to read others. http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...-start-881889/

HTH.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

How to Apply for Certification - Alberta Human Services - Government of Alberta

Assessment for Employment, Education or Licensure