Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Eating places in the NW , NE Calgary

Eating places in the NW , NE Calgary

Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eating places in the NW , NE Calgary

I apologise for my 3rd and final thread today on BE, time on my hands for once. Ok I work very random and erratic hours at the airport, which means I often skip set meal times etc.

Now I realise I am never going to go hungry between my house in the NW and my job at the Airport. Equally if I loved burgers etc I would be in heaven, sadly I dont, therefore does anybody have any reccomendations for say perhaps a simple run family cafe with variety, or am I asking to much?

I dont for a minute wish to import the UK to Calgary, ie Sun news paper, double egg and chips etc, but I would love to have a nice coronation chicken sandwich or a tuna jacket spud or a ham salad sandwich with mustard!!!!!!!

I am sure I am not alone, does anybody know of a place or even further afield in the City.

Many thanks.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:06 am
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Eating places in the NW , NE Calgary

When I lived in Calgary, my most favourite place for 'comfort food' was Diner Deluxe - Edmonton Trail at about 8th ave in the NE. I'm not British... so my comfort food might be different but they do good basic food, imo.

http://www.dinerdeluxe.com/
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:15 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eating places in the NW , NE Calgary

Second the diner deluxe recommendation....french toast with cheese and bacon inside