Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Early Childhood Educator - Manitoba

Early Childhood Educator - Manitoba

Old Oct 18th 2022, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

KStewart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Early Childhood Educator - Manitoba

Early days but several months ago I met a Canadian guy who has a 2 year visa to work in Scotland. He's really missing his family and friends and although I have my own house here, I don't have many ties to the area I live.

So I'm just looking into the possibility of moving to Canada with him after his visa runs out. He previously lived in the Brandon area but I think there is some leeway there. Has anyone experienced trying to transfer an HNC Early Education and Childcare/BA Childhood Practice into the Manitoba Childcare Assistant/Early Childhood Educator system?

I also have a degree in Computer Science and I don't know if it would be better to try and switch into that career before moving for more opportunities?
Old Nov 5th 2022, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Moosemug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Early Childhood Educator - Manitoba

Hi! I moved from England, where I have a Diploma in Preschool Practice, to Ontario. I was told I needed to do an ECE equivalency. The local college asked me to complete a very lengthy form where I had to detail all my qualifications and experience. I spent a week doing this. I figured that if I gave them as much information as possible it would minimize how many courses I would he asked to take. It paid off as I only had to do three, and they were actually quite useful as they related to Canadian early education. I did evening classes so I was still able to work during the day. Each province may have it’s own requirements, but I would imagine the process would be similar.