Reload this Page >

Dutch Police Certificate/COVOG

Dutch Police Certificate/COVOG

Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Lyndsay13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dutch Police Certificate/COVOG

Hi, Please can you help us??
We have been given our 120 days notice to get all our documents sent to London and we are struggling with trying to obtain the Dutch police certificate for my husband who lived there a few years ago.

We have been in touch with the Dutch people about completing the form and they have told us to select box 81 on the form which is "Respsonsible for the taking care of the well being and safety of humans and animals" and not to say that the COVOG is for emigration purposes and this way the Embassy don't have to sign the papers???

They also say that they need a letter, presumably from CIC, confirming the reason for this request. Did anybody else send this??

We're really confused as you have to mention that it's for emigration purposes on the form so if anyone knows how to complete the form we would be very grateful.

Also, do we have to go over to Holland to obtain this as some guidance seems to suggest that we do and others not.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Lyndsay
Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Police Certificate/COVOG

Originally Posted by Lyndsay13 View Post
Hi, Please can you help us??
We have been given our 120 days notice to get all our documents sent to London and we are struggling with trying to obtain the Dutch police certificate for my husband who lived there a few years ago.

We have been in touch with the Dutch people about completing the form and they have told us to select box 81 on the form which is "Respsonsible for the taking care of the well being and safety of humans and animals" and not to say that the COVOG is for emigration purposes and this way the Embassy don't have to sign the papers???

They also say that they need a letter, presumably from CIC, confirming the reason for this request. Did anybody else send this??

We're really confused as you have to mention that it's for emigration purposes on the form so if anyone knows how to complete the form we would be very grateful.

Also, do we have to go over to Holland to obtain this as some guidance seems to suggest that we do and others not.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Lyndsay

Hi Lyndsay
we had to get a police clearance certificate from Netherlands for our PR application a few years ago. We didn't have to go back to Holland to get it, just downloaded the forms from the Dutch Ministry of Justice website
www.justitie.nl
it was really quick once we filled in the form and returned it
be warned though, it is all in Dutch - we had to get a friend there help us fill it in!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

Hoi,

yes I sent the form with it. I got a friend in holland to pay at the desk - sent a cover letter explaining, the form/letter from teh CHC and the COVOG form, and they paid about 18.50 in euro's and that was it.

if you need dutch translation - pm me.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

When I applied for this, the instructions from the CIC website told me to send off the request form (all in English) to the Canadian embassy in Berlin, who then filled it out and stamped it, then sent it back to me. I then sent the form and payment to The Netherlands (COVOG) who then carried out the checks. The certificate that they returned was in Dutch, but had a summary at the bottom in English.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

spsspence will become famous soon enoughspsspence will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

I'm having a complete mare with this one as well. The Justice Ministry told me to complete section 1 of the form and send it, with proof of payment to the Oz High Commission mine's for an Oz visa) here to request it. I've heard back from the High Commission here that they can't do it so are sending it back, they advise that I send it to my CO to request it.

I'm getting really worried about dead lines now. UK and US PCC sorted but this one is proving to be a nightmare. I thought the US one would be the troublesome one.

I'm really not sure what to do now, should I head over there myself? The Ministry says it should be requested by the visa people.

Spencer.

Last edited by spsspence; Jul 8th 2009 at 12:44 pm.