Reload this Page >

"Dual Intent" - help needed please

"Dual Intent" - help needed please

Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:39 am
Just Joined

fastian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Dual Intent" - help needed please

Hi guys,
I am planning to apply to Canadian Student visa at CHC Islamabad, Pakistan having a "dual intent". I applied for Permanent Residence around four years back and I am still waiting for a decision. I need a little help in this regard.

The rules say that "The onus, as always, remains on the applicant to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay ...".

Is the above means that I attach an explanatory letter (may be a cover letter) to explain to the visa officer that I will return back if my application for PR is refused and my study permit expires. Or should I just submit my application and wait to see if embassy requests any additional documents or asks to interview me. Plus any ideas how to explain this will be appreciated.

I have a valid US student visa on my passport. Is it of any help in this situation?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

/fastian