Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

drunken british streotypes

drunken british streotypes

Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:30 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: drunken british streotypes

Originally Posted by dbd33
A while back. Six months maybe. You take them in to the Beer Store. Apparently that was a problem at first because Canadians who have tried wine aren't the sort of Canadians who go into the Beer Store.
Interesting. It makes sense though.

Souvette hates it when we take the empties back to IGA (beer bottles, sundry cans and plastic bottles) and makes me do it while she starts shopping. By the time I'm finished, she's almost finished. The pool fund is building nicely.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
20 cents for the tall ones. Apparently.
10 cents in Ontario - dbd's being robbed 5 cents per can it seems.

Working in the "industry" I get through a lot of wine - in a town like this you feel hugely conspicuous going into the Beer Store with 36 wine bottles at a time.
You can just hear the local hicks:
"Lookee here boys - Looks like we got ourselves a wine drinker...[spits on floor]"

Good job I can balance that out with the 48 beer bottles and 20 cans on the same visit.

Hey - I'm just trying to fit in...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Working in the "industry" I get through a lot of wine - in a town like this you feel hugely conspicuous going into the Beer Store with 36 wine bottles at a time.
You can just hear the local hicks:
"Lookee here boys - Looks like we got ourselves a wine drinker...[spits on floor]"
I take my imported beer cans and wine bottles to the Beer Store in a New Beetle. Sometimes I let the poodle cross ride in the back.

Yes, I have a gun.